Jake Paul and Tommy Fury collided in one of the most anticipated boxing clashes on February 26, 2023. The event took place at Diriyah Arena in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia. Continue reading to get all the details on the Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury boxing event.
DATE, TIME, LOCATION
The Problem Child and Tommy Fury agreed to face off for the third time of asking. The pair were scheduled to face off in December 2021, but Fury pulled out due to a chest infection and ribs injury. Paul went to face Tyron Woodley in a rematch and defeated him via knockout.
The pair then agreed to clash on August 6, 2022, at Madison Square Garden in New York City, NY. However, Fury faced issues in securing a visa for the United States to travel for the fight. Paul got him replaced with Hashim Rahman Jr. but the event was canceled a few days before its scheduled date.
Paul has since faced and defeated UFC Legend Anderson Silva, adding to his wins over other UFC fighters like Ben Askren and Tyron Woodley, apart from wins over basketball player Nate Robinson and Youtuber AnEsonGib.
On the other hand, Tommy Fury has competed in a total of eight bouts after making his professional boxing debut in 2018. But, this was the first time that he was in a PPV main event. He was on the undercard for Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley PPV back in August 2021 and has competed on several of Tyson Fury’s cards.
Fury was last active in an exhibition fight on Floyd Mayweather vs Deji card in Abu Dhabi where he defeated a late-replacement Rolly Lambert after his original opponent Paul Bamba refused to face him after Fury missed weight.
The official fight purse details are not revealed yet. However, a previous agreement between Jake Paul and Tommy Fury was for both fighters to get a $2 million in base salary and 50% PPV share.
|Fighter||Base Salary||PPV Share|
|Jake Paul||$2 million||50%|
|Tommy Fury||$2 million||50%|
Check here for complete results from the event.
- Main Event: Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury, 8 rounds, cruiserweight
- Tommy Fury won via split decision (74-75, 76-73, 76-73)
- Co-Main Event: Ilunga Makabu(c) vs Badou Jack, 12 rounds, WBC World Cruiserweight Championship bout
- Badou Jack won via TKO at 0:54 of round 12
- Ziyad Almaayouf vs Ronald Martinez, 4 rounds, lightweight
- Ziyad Almaayouf won via unanimous decision (38-37, 38-37, 38-37)
- Muhsin Cason vs Taryel Jafarov, 8 rounds, cruiserweight
- Muhsin Cason won via TKO at 3:00 of round 1
- Bader Samreen vs Viorel Simion – 8 rounds, super lightweight
- Bader Samreen won via TKO at 1:26 of round 1
- Ziad Al-Majrashi vs Philip Quansah – 4 rounds, lightweight
- Zad Al-Majrashi won via points
- Adam Saleh vs Stuart Kellogg, 6 rounds, super lightweight
- Adam Saleh won via TKO in round 1
- Salman Hamada vs Daniel Plange – 4 rounds, heavyweight
- Salman Hamada won via TKO at 1:09 round 1
- Ragad Al Naimi vs Perpetual Okaijah – 4 rounds, lightweight
- Ragad Al Naimi won via TKO at 1:47 of round 3
TALE OF THE TAPE
|Boxer Name||Jake Paul||Tommy Fury|
|NickName||The Problem Child||TNT|
|Height||6′ 1″ (185 cm)||6′ (183 cm)|
|Country||United States||United Kindom|
|Reach||76″ (193 cm)||80″ (203 cm)|