Regis Prograis headlined a Matchroom Boxing event for the first time as he took on Danielito Zorrilla on June 17, 2023, from Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LO.
Prograis switched his promoter and signed with Matchroom Boxing after winning WBC Super Lightweight Championship by beating Jose Zepeda. That was his fourth win in a row after losing to Josh Taylor in 2019. All of these wins had come via knockout. In fact, 24 of his 28 wins up to this point came via knockout.
Danielito Zorrilla was considered a solid puncher and was a test for Prograis’ knockout prowess. He bounced back from his first loss in his career against Arnold Barboza Jr. by beating Aristides Quintero via knockout in first round. Was he able to shock Prograis also?
On the undercard, Ramla Ali took on Julissa Alejandra Guzman as he defended IBF Inter-Continental Super Bantamweight title along with WBA Continental Americas title. Shakhram Giyasov took on Harold Calderon in a WBA title eliminator for welterweight title.
Check below for results from Regis Prograis vs Danielito Zorrilla boxing event with complete fight card and other details.
- Criztec Bazaldua def. Elroy Fruto via unanimous decision(40-36, 40-36, 40-36), 4 rounds, lightweight bout
- Xavier Madrid def. Aaron Aponte via split decision(76-75, 76-75, 73-78), 8 rounds, super lightweight bout
- Ginny Fuchs def. Indeya Smith via unanimous decision(80-72, 80-72, 79-73), 8 rounds, super flyweight bout
- Jeremy Hill def. Mark Davis via TKO at 1:29 of round 4, 8 rounds, lightweight
- Julissa Alejandra Guzman def. Ramla Ali via KO at 0:42 of round 8, 10 rounds, IBF Intercontinental & WBA Continental Americas super bantamweight Championship Bout
- Shakhram Giyasov def. Harold Calderon via unanimous decision(120-108, 118-110, 116-112), 12 rounds, WBA welterweight Championship eliminator bout
- Main Event: Regis Prograis def. Danielito Zorrilla via split decision (117-110, 113-114, 118-109), 12 rounds, WBC super lightweight Championship bout