Floyd Schofield and Haskell Rhodes found themselves in the main event of Golden Boy Boxing event at AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX, on July 8, 2023.
Schofield was taking part in his third bout this year after beating Alberto Mercado and Jesus Valentin Leon earlier in the year. Rhodes returned to the boxing ring in March this year for the first time since 2019, where he defeated Raymond Chacon.
Joseph Diaz attempted to break his losing streak on the undercard as he faced Jerry Perez. Marlen Esparza defended WBA, WBA & WBO Women’s Flyweight Championship against Gabriela Celeste Alaniz in the co-main event. Eric Tudor vs Reggie Harris Jr bout completed the main card which started at 8 PM ET.
The prelims card was set to start at 6:10 PM ET featuring two more bouts. Check below as we post results from Floyd Schofield vs Haskell Rhodes boxing event with complete fight card and more details.
Prelims (6:10 pm ET)
- Darius Fulghum def. Jeremiah Curtright via TKO at 2:17 of round 3, 6 rounds, Light Heavyweight Bout (Watch Video)
- Tristan Kalkreuth def. Joe Jones via TKO at 2:12 of round 2, 6 rounds, Heavyweight Bout (Watch Video)
Main Card (8:00 pm ET)
- Eric Tudor def. Reggie Harris Jr via unanimous decision(77-74, 78-73, 78-73), 8 rounds, Junior Middleweight Bout (Watch Video)
- Marlen Esparza def. Gabriela Celeste Alaniz majority decision (95-95, 99-91, 97-93), 10 rounds bout for Esparza’s WBA, WBC & Alaniz’s WBO Flyweight Championship Bout
- Joseph Diaz def. Jerry Perez via unanimous decision (97-93, 97-93, 98-92), 10 rounds, Lightweight Bout
- Floyd Schofield def. Haskell Rhodes via unanimous decision (100-87, 100-87, 100-87), 10 rounds, Lightweight Bout