WWE Heel & Face Turn in 2021- Complete List
2021 was a year of frequent face and heel turns in WWE with around 50 babyface and heel turns in the year.
Some of the major stars who turned heel include Edge, Adam Cole, Becky Lynch and Sheamus among others. Both Sheamus and Edge turned both heels and face during the year. Major face turns includes AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Raquel Gonzalez and Shinsuke Nakamura.
Check below for the complete list of WWE Heels and Face Turns in 2021.
WWE Heel Turn in 2021
- Grayson Waller: 7 December 2021 – Waller attacked Johnny Gargano after his farewell speech at NXT 2.0.
- Von Wagner: 5 December 2021 – Wagner turned on tag team partner Kyle O’Reilly after they lost the NXT Tag Team title match against Imperium.
- Damian Priest: 21 November 2021 – Damian Priest has been under a character change for few weeks and likely turned heel as he broke Rick Boogs’ guitar at Survivor Series.
- Kevin Owens: 8 November 2021 – Kevin Owens turned heel on Big E after losing a match to Seth Rollins.
- Shotzi Blackheart: 29 October 2021 – Shotzi turned heel on Sasha Banks after Sasha inadvertently cost her match against Charlotte Flair.
- Mustafa Ali: 11 October 2021 – Ali turned on Mansoor by attacking him backstage.
- Shelton Benjamin: 27 September 2021 – Benjamin has turned back heel after joining Hurt Business.
- Humberto Carrillo: 20 September 2021 – Carrillo has turned heel after joining Angel Garza in a tag team.
- Andre Chase: 14 September 2021 – Chase is working as a heel going forward with his new Andre Chase University gimmick.
- Carmelo Hayes: 14 September 2021 – Hayes has turned heel after joining Trick Williams.
- Elektra Lopez: 24 August 2021 – Lopez turned heel by joining Legado Del Fantasma.
- Mandy Rose, Gigi Dolin & Jacy Jane: 24 August 2021 – Rose is working as a heel on NXT return and Dolin and Jane have joined her stable.Becky Lynch: 21 August 2021 – “The Man” returned to WWE at SmackDown and is reportedly working as a heel after a squash win over Bianca Belair.
- Sasha Banks: 30 July 2021 – Sasha Banks attacked Bianca Belair after a tag team match with her.
- Diamond Mine(Roderick Strong, Hideki Suzuki, Tyler Rust): 6 July 2021- Roderick Strong came back in the Diamond Mine Heel stable with Hideki Suzuki and Tyler Rust with Malcolm Bivens as their manager at NXT Great American Bash.
- Jinder Mahal, Veer & Shanky: 10 May 2021- Jinder Mahal returned to WWE RAW with Veer and Shanky and the trio is working as heels.
- Hit-Row(AJ Francis, Ashante “Thee” Adonis & Briana Brandy): 5 May 2021- These three wrestlers appeared to help out Isiah Swerve Scott, which puts them in a heel role.
- Charlotte Flair: 12 April 2021- Charlotte Flair returned to RAW and cut a heel promo taking shots at Rhea Ripley and Asuka.
- Edge: 21 March 2021- Edge has likely turned heel after attacking Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns during their Universal title match at Fastlane 2021 PPV.
- Buddy Murphy: 5 March 2021- Murphy is heel once again now as he looked to align with Seth Rollins again.
- Chad Gable & Otis: 19 February 2021- The Alpha Academy pair turned heel on SmackDown after attacking Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio after their tag team match.
- Apollo Crew: 19 February 2021- Crews has been teasing heel traits since January but turned completely after attacking Shinsuke Nakamura and then Intercontinental Champion Big E.
- Isiah “Swerve” Scott: 17 February 2021- Scott attacked Leon Ruff is working as a heel.
- Adam Cole: 14 February 2021- Adam Cole superkicked Finn Balor and then his own stablemate Kyle O’ Rielly at NXT TakeOver: Vengeance Day 2021.
- Sheamus: 1 February 2021- Sheamus attacked WWE Champion Drew McIntyre with a Brogue kick to complete his heel turn once again. He was swinging between heel and face in the last few months.
- Tamina: 5 February 2021- Tamina started teaming up with Natalya who was working as a heel.
- Jessi Kamea: 27 January 2021- Kamea turned heel on NXT after starting to team with Aliyah.
WWE Face Turn in 2021
- AJ Styles: December 20, 2021: AJ Styles turned face when Omos attacked him on RAW. He also worked as face on NXT in his feud with Grayson Waller.
- Xia Li: December 10, 2021 – Xia Li was shown in a positive note in vignettes before her SmackDown debut. The face turn was completed when she debut on SmackDown in helping out Naomi.
- Kay Lee Ray: December 7, 2021: KLR turned babyface when she gifted Cora Jade with a baseball bat.
- Johnny Gargano: 19 October 2021 – Gargano turned babyface as he is now teaming with Dexter Lumis.
- Mustafa Ali: 23 August 2021 – Ali started coaching Mansoor and is teaming up with him.
- John Morrison: 23 August 2021 – Morrison cut ties with The Miz and is treated as a babyface.
- Doudrop: 21 August 2021 – Doudrop has cut ties with Eva Marie and is working as babyface ever since.
- Indi Hartwell: 17 August 2021 – Hartwell transitioned into a babyface during her love story with Dexter Lumis.
- Raquel Gonzalez: 27 July 2021 – Raquel is now working as a face after she was attacked by Dakota Kai. The face turn was confirmed after Kay Lee Rae(another heel) started a storyline with her.
- Toni Storm: 23 July 2021 – Storm debuted on SmackDown against a heel Zelina Vega. WWE is treating her as a face after the main roster call-up.Aliyah: 13 July 2021 – Aliyah turned on Robert Stone to turn face.
- Edge: 25 June 2021 – Edge returned to attack Roman Reigns and started been working as a face again.
- Cameron Grimes: 15 June 2021 – Grimes saved Ted Dibiase from an attack from LA Knight and turned face.
- Jaxson Ryker: 31 May 2021 – Elias abandoned Ryker during his tag team match and this has led to Ryker turning into a babyface after that.
- Randy Orton: 26 April 2021 – Randy Orton started to team up with Matt Riddle is now a babyface.
- Natalya & Tamina Snuka: 11 April 2021- Tamina got a great reaction from the crowd at WrestleMania and the team is also working against a heel tag team of Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler. So, they are working as faces right now.
- Cesaro: 5 February 2021- Cesaro turned face after fist-bumping Daniel Bryan after a win over him.
- Billie Kay: 5 February 2021- Billie Kay has been swinging as face and heel but started to work as a sympathized character.
- Sheamus: 25 January 2021- Sheamus turned face briefly as he worked in a handicapped match against The Miz & John Morrison. He later teamed with other faces on SmackDown in a tag team match.
- Timothy Thatcher: 20 January 2021- Thatcher turned face after starting to team up with Tommaso Ciampa.
- Shinsuke Nakamura: 8 January 2021 – Nakamura turned face after a marathon run in the Gauntlet match at SmackDown. He cemented the turn by saving Daniel Bryan and Big E on 29 Jan.
Current Heels & Faces List From Current Roster
WWE Heel & Face Turns in 2022