Luke Harper has made his return after being sidelined for more than 6 months due to an alleged shoulder injury and worked a match against Mojo Rawley at a live event in Rochester, New York.
Luke Harper was out of action since one week after SummerSlam last year when he and Rowan lost the SmackDown Tag Team to the New Day on 22 August SmackDown episode in no Disqualification match. Rowan suffered a torn bicep at the time but no injury details were provided for Harper. Although he was seen wearing a sling and cast on his hand. Luke along with other injured stars was reported preparing for their return in the WWE Performace Center. Rumors were catching on that WWE has some major plans for the Bludgeon Brothers and they were expected to return as the surprise entrants at Royal Rumble this year. However, only Rowan appeared at Royal Rumble to help Daniel Bryan to retain his title against AJ Styles.
What is interesting with Harper’s return is that he has performed on the RAW live event and not the SmackDown one. It will be interesting to see if Harper now appears at Fastlane to create some sort of drama in the main event WWE Championship Match between Daniel Bryan and Kevin Owens. Also, if Kofi Kingston will be selected for the WrestleMania WWE Championship Match, the Bludgeon Brothers can also resume their rivalry with the New Day to whom they lost the SmackDown Tag Team Championship.
In other results from the live event:
- Ronda Rousey defeated Ruby Riott in the RAW Women’s Championship while getting some mixed reactions to her heel character.
- WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Sasha and Bayley were able to defeat their Fastlane challengers Nia Jax and Tamina.
- Similarly, RAW Tag Team champions, the Revival also defeated their Fastlane opponents Bobby Roode and Chad Gable in a 2 out of 3 falls match.
- Braun Strowman was able to defeat Baron Corbin in a No Disqualification match
- Drew McIntyre defeated Dean Ambrose
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Finn Balor also defeated Bobby Lashley