WWE announced a new WWE Network special show, SmackVille, to air live on 27 July 2019 from Nashville, Tennessee.
Earlier, it was just one of the regular SmackDown house show at the Bridgestone Arena, Nashville. But it is now turned into a WWE network special show, titled as SmackVille. As per WWE announcement, Kofi Kingston is set to defend the WWE Championship against Samoa Joe and Dolph Ziggler at the show. The complete announced card is as below:
- Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Samoa Joe for the WWE Championship
- Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Finn Balor for the Intercontinental Championship
- Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Alexa Bliss for the Smackdown Women’s Championship
- The New Day to defend the Smackdown Tag Team Championships
- Elias to host a special musical performance
With just 3 weeks left for SummerSlam, this seems to a random move by WWE. The last time WWE aired a house on WWE Network was “the Shield’s Final Chapter” on 29 April this year. But, that event at least had the attraction of being the Shield’s last match in WWE. Also, as per some other media reports, these kinds of shows might become a regular occurrence at WWE Network.