King of the Ring tournament is WWE’s premier knockout tournament. The tournament is making a return in 2021, starting from October 8 and ending at Crown Jewel PPV on October 21.
The tournament used to be a yearly fixture from 1985 to 2002. Since then, the tournament has taken place in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2015 and 2019. Past winners include the likes of Randy Savage, Bret Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Booker-T, and others. Sheamus(2010), Bad News Barrett(2015), and Baron Corbin(2019) are the most recent winners of the tournament.
The tournament winner is bestowed with a Crown and a cape along with a future World title shot. However, the last tournament winner Baron Corbin did not get the World title shot.
Read on to find the complete details on WWE King of the Ring 2021 tournament – dates, matches, tournament bracket and results.
King of the Ring 2021 Dates
WWE has announced that King of the Ring 2021 tournament will start on October 8 SmackDown episode and continue on October 11 RAW. The matches will continue on October 15 SmackDown and October 18 RAW episodes. The final and possibly the semifinal matches of the tournament will take place at Crown Jewel 2021 PPV.
- Day 1 – October 8, 2021(Smackdown)
- Day 2 – October 11, 2021(RAW)
- Day 3 – October 15, 2021(SmackDown)
- Day 4 – October 18, 2021(RAW)
- Finals – October 21, 2021(Crown Jewel PPV)
Round 1 Results
- Rey Mysterio vs Sami Zayn (Winner: Sami Zayn)
- Finn Balor vs Cesaro (Winner: Finn Balor)
- Xavier Woods vs Ricochet(Winner: Xavier Woods)
- Kofi Kingston vs Jinder Mahal(Winner: Jinder Mahal)
Round 2 (Semi-Final) Results
- Sami Zayn vs Finn Balor(Winner – Finn Balor)
- Xavier Woods vs Jinder Mahal(Winner – Xavier Woods)
Round 3 (Final)
- Finn Balor vs Xavier Woods at WWE Crown Jewel on October 21, 2021. (Winner: Xavier Woods)
Also Check: Queen’s Crown Tournament