WWE has announced the first NXT UK TakeOver event for the year 2020 at Empress Ballroom in Blackpool on 12 January 2020.
The Empress Ballroom in Blackpool is the same place where the first-ever NXT UK TakeOver show took place on 12 January 2019. The event was first announced during the first night of NXT UK TV tapings in Hull, England. The matches for Blackpool 2 have also become clear by the end of second night of TV Tapings.
Earlier today, WWE officially announced the event on Twitter. It is also announced that tickets for the event will go on sale on Monday, 18 November 10 am GMT (5 am ET). After the news came out, Triple H also commented on the upcoming event.
“In the same building @NXTUK was born. In the place you created a new brand…your brand. The Empress Ballroom. @WGEmpress Blackpool, England. #NXTUKTakeOver: Blackpool II. #WeAreNXTUK.”
This will only be the third NXT UK TakeOver event after NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool 2019 and NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff 2019.
NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool 2(2020) Match Card – Spoilers
- Walter (c) vs Joe Coffey – WWE UK Championship Match
- Kay Lee Ray (c) vs Toni Storm vs Piper Niven – Triple Threat Match, NXT UK Women’s Championship
- Gallus (Mark Coffey and Wolfgang) (c) vs Imperium (Alexander Wolfe, Fabian Aichner, and/or Marcel Barthel) vs Grizzled Young Veterans (Zack Gibson and James Drake) vs Mark Andrews and “Flash” Morgan Webster – Fatal 4-Way Match, NXT UK Tag Team Championship
- Trent Seven vs Eddie Dennis
- Tyler Bate vs Jordan Devlin
NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool 2019 was headlined by Pete Dunne and Joe Coffey as they battled for the WWE UK Championship. Joe Coffey will once again headline the event against WALTER. Similarly, Toni Storm will once again challenge for NXT UK Women’s Championship as she did in 2019. Also, Zack Gibson and James Drake will also contest for the NXT Tag Team title similar to the 2019 event.