Gervonta Davis vs Hector Garcia boxing event took place on January 7, 2022. The event was a Showtime PPV, airing from Capital One Arena in Washington DC.
- Date: January 7, 2023
- Location: Capitol One Arena, Washington DC, US
- Start Time: Non-Televised Undercard – 4 pm ET, Prelims- 6:45 pm ET, Main Card – 9 pm ET
After announcing his fight against Ryan Garcia, Gervonta Davis also revealed that he will fight another opponent first on January 7, 2023. Later on November 18, 2022, Davis announced via Instagram that he will fight Hector Luis Garcia on that date in Washington, D.C. ESPN’s Mike Coppinger added that the fight will air on Showtime PPV, and Davis will put his WBA(Regular) Lightweight Championship on the line.
Davis, undefeated with 27-0 record, was last active against Rolando Romero in May 2022 to knock him out in the sixth round to retain his WBA title. Davis is considered one of the best boxers of this generation and has held World titles in three different weight classes.
Hector Garcia is the current WBA Super Featherweight Champion and also holds a 16-0-3 undefeated record. He won that title in his last bout against Roger Gutiérrez in August 2022. Despite his record, Hector Garcia is not considered a major threat to Davis and a win for him will be considered a big upset. This fight is mainly considered a tune-up fight for Davis before he faces Ryan Garcia in a 136 lbs catchweight bout later in 2023.
The complete lineup for the event.
- Media Workout – January 4, 3 pm ET
- Press Conference – January 5, 1 pm ET
- Prelims – January 7, 7 pm ET
- Main Card – January 7, 9 pm ET
- Post-Fight Press Conference – January 8, 12:30 am ET
- Gervonta Davis(c) vs Hector Garcia – 12 rounds bout for WBA(Regular) Lightweight Championship
- Gervonta Davis won via TKO at 0:13 of round 9
- Jaron Ennis(c) vs Karen Chukhadzhian – 12 rounds bout for interim IBF Welterweight Championship
- Jaron Ennis won via unanimous decision (120-108, 120-108, 120-108)
- Rashidi Ellis vs Roiman Villa – 12 rounds Welterweight bout
- Roiman Villa won via majority decision (113-113, 114-112, 114-112)
- Demetrius Andrade vs Demond Nicholson – 10 rounds Super Middleweight bout
- Demetrius Andrade won via unanimous decision (100-88, 100-88, 100-88)
- Vito Mielnicki Jr vs Omar Rosales – 10 rounds Super Welterweight bout
- Vito Mielnicki Jr. won via TKO in round 4
- Brandun Lee vs Diego Gonzalo Luque – 8 rounds, super lightweight bout
- Brandun Lee won via TKO at 2:55 of round 4
- Travon Marshall vs Shawn West – 8 rounds, super welterweight bout
- Travon Marshall won via TKO at 0:45 round 1
- Lamont Peterson vs Michael Ogundo – 8 rounds, super lightweight bout
- Michael Ogundo won via TKO in round 4
- Keeshawn Williams vs Gustavo David Vittori – 6 rounds, welterweight bout
- Keeshawn Williams won via unanimous decision
- Kyrone Davis vs Cristian Fabian Rios – 8 rounds, super middleweight bout
- Kyrone Davis won via unanimous decision (80-72, 80-72, 79-73)
- Jalil Hackett vs Joel Guevara – 4 rounds, middleweight bout
- Jalil Hackett won via TKO at 2:22 of round 1
- Mia Ellis vs Karen Dulin – 4 rounds, lightweight bout
- Mia Ellis won via TKO at 1:58 of round 1