NXT Results & Updates- 19 June 2019: Adam Cole Celebrates
Welcome to the Results and Updates Blog for NXT Episode of 19 June 2019. This is a pre-taped episode and the spoilers for the upcoming episodes are available here.
- NXT Champion Adam Cole and the Undisputed Era opened the show. They presented a new NXT intro video featuring only the Undisputed Era members in it. They also declared that they will capture all the NXT titles. And nobody, not William Regal, and not even Triple H will be able to stop them.
- NXT North American Champion Velveteen Dream interrupted them and made his intentions to go for the NXT Championship. Strong took the mic and told Dream that he doesn’t even deserve the title he is currently wearing.
- Matt Riddle also came out and reminded both Strong and Cole he has beaten both of them. Cole and Riddle talked back and forth until Tyler Breeze entered.
- Tyler Breeze told the Undisputed Era that he will not let them take the credit for building a brand that he built long before any of them were around. He then announced a six-man tag team match between himself, Dream, and Riddle against any three Undisputed Era members for the night’s main event.
- We get the recap of Shayna Baszler and Io Shirai’s feud. Shirai says he wants to become the champion for the entire women’s division. Baszler says she’d love nothing more than to stomp that dream out. They will face each other in a Steel Cage match for the NXT Women’s Championship.
- Damian Priest defeated Raul Mendoza. Mendoza had some offense going to start with, but Priest caught in midair as he went for a dive outside the ring and chokeslamed him on the apron. Priest hit his finisher a Crossrhodes like a spinning kick to get the pin in a quick match.
- William Regal announced the NXT Breakout Tournament, featuring talent who has yet to be on NXT TV. The lineup include- Jordan Myles (ACH), Boa, Cameron Grimes (Trevor Lee), Isaiah “Swerve” Scott (Shane Strickland), Dexter Lumis (Sam Shaw), Bronson Reed (Jonah Rock), Angel Garza (Humberto Garza), and Joaquin Wilde (DJZ).
- Vignette for Mia Yim who talked about growing up, her struggles and her journey in NXT. She also called out the NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler.
- Xia Li defeated Taynara Conti. They shook hands before each attempting some early pinfall attempts. Conti took control after early exchanges. Li came back into the match with some kick. After back and forth during the last dash, Li got the pin with a heel kick.
- Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, and Roderick Strong defeated Matt Riddle, Velveteen Dream, and Tyler Breeze in a six-man tag team match. Faces started strong before chaos broke out. Heels worked on Riddle for sometime before Breeze got the hot tag and ran riot. Dream tagged Breeze blind which lead to an argument between them. Strong crashed Breeze right into Dream, then hit the end of heartache on Dream for the win.
- Riddle, Dream, and Breeze could only stare at each other in frustration as the Undisputed Era celebrated.