WBC has revealed several title, mandatory challenger and title eliminator bouts fights at their convention in Acapulco, Mexico. Here is a list of all the fights announced by WBC.
- Cruiserweight – Champion Ilunga Makabu has to face a mandatory challenger Noel Gevor Mikaelyan next.
- Middleweight – Jermall Charlo’s medical status is under review. Interim Champion Carlos Adames can enter discussions for voluntary defense.
- Welterweight – Errol Spence, WBC, WBA(Super) & IBF Welterweight champion, will have to face Keith Thurman as the mandatory challenger. Keith Thurman, former WBA(Super) and WBC Welterweight Champion, returned to boxing ring earlier this year to defeat Mario Barrios in a title eliminator bout.
- Super Featherweight – Rey Vargas vs O’Shaquie Foster is announced for vacant title.
- Featherweight – Stephen Fulton vs Brandon Figueroa is ordered for interim featherweight title. Winner form Fulton vs Figueroa will either face Rey Vargas or will be upgraded to full champion.
- Bantamweight – Inoue vs Butler will take place on December 13 for Undisputed Championship. Nonito Donaire vs Jason Maloney is order for interim title or vacant title depending upon the status of undisputed championship.
- Super Flyweight – Juan Francisco Estrada vs Roman Gonzalez is ordered for the title vacated by Jesse Rodriguez. The winner will get a voluntary defense after this.
- Flyweight – Champ Julio Cesar Martinez could face Angel Ayala in a recognized mandatory title fight after his fight against McWilliams Arroyo got canceled due to Arroyo’s injury. If he faces any other opponent, Martinez will have to face Arroyo later in a title unification match.
- Junior Flyweight – WBC & WBA Champion Kenshiro Teraji is ordered to face mandatory challenger Hekkie Budler next.
Title Eliminator Fights
- Bridgerweight(191 to 226 lbs) – Allen Babic vs Ryad Merhy bout is order as the final eliminator. The winner will face WBC Bridgerweight champion Oscar Rivas next after his title defense on February 25 against Ryan Rozanski.
- Light Heavyweight – Callum Smith is announced as the WBC mandatory challenger for Unified Light Heavyweight Champion Artur Beterbiev. However, Smith has to take a fight and win it to maintain his status while Beterbiev is allowed to take two other fights.
- Super Middleweight – The already announced fight between Interim Champion David Benavidez and Caleb Plant will be the final eliminator bout now. The winner will face undisputed champion Canelo Alvarez.
- Super Welterweight – A final eliminator bout is ordered interim WBC Champion Sebastian Fundora and Tony Harrison. The winner will become a mandatory challenger for Jermell Charlo who will next face Tim Tszyu.
- Super Lightweight – Teofimo Lopez Jr. vs Santos Martin will be confirmed as title eliminator after Lopez’s next fight against Jose Pedraza on December 10. Jose Zepada and Regis Prograis will clash for vacant title, and the winner is already slated to defend against Jose Ramirez.
- Lightweight – Shakur Stevenson vs Isaac Cruz is ordered as the final eliminator. The winner will be in line to face Undisputed Champion Devin Haney who will likely face Vasily Lomachencko next.
- Super Featherweight – Eduardo ‘Rocky’ Hernandez is the #1 contender for the winner between Rey Vargas and O’Shaquie Foster. A second final eliminator between Robson Conceicao and Muhammadkhuja Yaqubov.
- Featherweight – Mark Magsayo and Isaac Dogboe will meet in a final eliminator.
- Super Bantamweight- 4 man mini tournament is announced for a new mandatory challenger. Azat Hovhannisyan vs Luis Nery and Ra’eese Aleem vs Alan David Picasso are the two semifinals. The winner of semifinals will meet in a final eliminator to become mandator to Stephen Fulton, or for interim title(in case Stephen Fulton remains in Featherweight division).
- Super Flyweight – Pedro Guevara vs Andrew Moloney is announced as a title eliminator.
- Strawweight – Luis Castillo is asked to face highest ranked fighter available in a title eliminator.