Katie Taylor came home as she attempted to become a two-weight undisputed champion against Chantelle Cameron on May 20, 2023. This was Taylor’s first professional bout in her country Ireland ever.
Taylor comes off two defences of her undisputed lightweight championship in 2022. Her historic bout with Amanda Serrano saw her coming out with a split decision win before she defeated Karen Carbajal via a one-sided unanimous decision. Cameron has already beaten an undisputed champion in Jessica MacAskill in her last bout in November.
The support card was stacked with another world title match despite Terri Harper vs Cecilia Braekhus bout being chalked off. Dennis Hogan defended IBO World Super Welterweight Championship against James Metcalf on the main card. Gary Cully took on Jose Felix in a lightweight bout in the co-main event. Irish Heavyweight title was on the line in the bout between Thomas Carty and Jay McFarlane.
2 bouts were set for the prelims card from 12:45 PM ET before the main card starts at 2 PM ET. Tune in below as we post results from Katie Taylor vs Chantelle Cameron event from both prelims and main card.
- Maisey Rose Courtney def. Kate Radomska via points (58-57) – 6 rounds flyweight bout
- Paddy Donovan def. Sam O’Maison via TKO in round 6 – 8 rounds welterweight bout
- Thomas Carty def. Jay McFarlane via TKO at 2:58 of round 3 – 8 rounds bout for Irish Celtic Heavyweight Championship (Watch Video)
- Caoimhin Agyarko def. Grant Denni via unanimous decision (100-90, 100-90, 100-90 ) – 10 rounds middleweight bout
- James Metcalf def. Dennis Hogan via unanimous decision (115-112, 117-110, 117-110)- 12 rounds bout for IBO Super Welterweight Championship
- Jose Felix def. Gary Cully via TKO at 2:34 of round 3 – 10 rounds lightweight bout (Watch Video)
- Chantelle Cameron(c) def. Katie Taylor via majority decision (95-95, 96-94, 96-94) – 10 rounds bout for Undisputed Women’s Super Lightweight(IBF, WBO, WBC, WBA & IBO) Championship