Chris Eubank Jr. and Liam Smith headlined a Boxxer & Sky Sports Box Boxing PPV event on Sky Sports on January 21, 2023. The event took place at the AO Arena in Manchester, UK.
Continue reading to get all the details on Chris Eubank Jr. and Liam Smith’s boxing event.
Two of the best British boxers in Chris Eubank Jr. and Liam Smith clashed to headline a card in Manchester. Titled as “Unleashed”, this was the first boxing PPV cards in UK this year.
Eubank Jr. came into the bout with a 6-fights winning streak dating back to September 2018. Former IBO World Champion, Eubank was scheduled to take on Conor Benn in a grudge match due to the rivalry between their fathers. However, the bout was canceled after Benn was suspended after testing positive for clomifene. Eubank’s previous bout before this came in February 2022 when he defeated Liam Williams via unanimous decision.
Liam Smith made his debut at Middleweight with this fight after fighting at super welterweight for his career until then. He was on a 3-fights winning streak with wins over Anthony Fowler, Jessie Vargas, and Hassan Mwakinyo. Was he successful in his middleweight debut?
TALE OF THE TAPE
|Boxer Name||Chris Eubank Jr.||Liam Smith|
|Height||5’11 (180 cm)||5′9½″ (176cm)|
|Country||United Kingdom||United Kingdom|
|Reach||721/2” (184 cm)||–|
UNDERCARD (FIGHT CARD)
- Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith, 12 rounds, Middleweight Bout
- Liam Smith won via TKO in round 4
- Richard Riakporhe vs Krzysztof Glowacki, 10 rounds, Cruiserweight Bout
- Richard Riakporhe won via TKO at 2:44 of round 4
- Ekow Essuman vs Chris Kongo, 12 rounds, British, Commonwealth, IBF European, WBC International Silver Welterweight Championship Bout
- Ekow Essuman won via majority draw (114-114, 115-114, 116-113)
- Jack Massey vs Joseph Parker, 10 rounds, Heavyweight Bout
- Joseph Parker won via unanimous decision (96-93, 97-92, 97-93)
- Frazer Clarke vs Kevin Nicolas Espindola, 8 rounds, Heavyweight Bout
- Frazer Clarke won via RTD at 3:00 of round 4
- Matty Harris vs Jiri Surmaj, 6 rounds, Heavyweight Bout
- Matt Harris won via TKO at 1:16 of round 1
- Scott Forrest vs Amine Boucetta, 6 rounds, Cruiserweight Bout
- Scott Forrest won via unanimous decision
- Frankie Stringer vs Cristian Narvaez, 6 rounds, Lightweight Bout
- Frankie Stringer won via unanimous decision
PRESS CONFERENCE & MEDIA WORKOUT
When and Where is Eubank Jr vs. Smith?
The event was on January 21, 2023, at AO Arena in Manchester, UK. It started at 12 PM ET/5 PM GMT. The main event started at 5 PM ET/10 PM GMT.
What channel/stream is Eubank Jr vs. Smith?
The event was aired via Sky Sports Box Office in the UK and via DAZN streaming in the US.