WWE has now confirmed the match between mid-card champions of RAW, SmackDown and NXT for the upcoming Survivor Series 2019 PPV show. WWE United States Champion AJ Styles will be taking on WWE Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura and NXT North American Champion Roderick Strong.
Survivor Series has traditionally been seeing the matches between top tier champions, tag team champions and mid-level champions from the last few years. Last year also, Shinsuke Nakamura was involved in the same match against Seth Rollins. But Nakamura was the United States Champion at the time and Rollins was the IC titleholder.
AJ Styles won the United States Championship from Ricochet at Extreme Rules this year. At the same show, Nakamura won the Intercontinental Championship from Finn Balor. Roderick Strong ended the 7 months North American title reign of The Velveteen Dream at the 18 September 2019 episode of NXT. This was NXT’s USA premiere episode.
Survivor Series 2019 takes place at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Chicago. The current match card for the show is as follows:
- WWE Championship Match- Brock Lesnar(c) vs Rey Mysterio
- Interbrand Women’s Champions match – Becky Lynch(RAW) vs Shayna Baszler(NXT) vs Bayley(SmackDown)
- Interbrand Tag Team Champions Match – The Viking Raiders(RAW) vs The New Day(SmackDown) vs The Undisputed ERA(NXT)
- Men’s 5-on-5 Tag Team Elimination Match- RAW(Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Ricochet, Randy Orton & Drew McIntyre) vs SmackDown(TBA) vs NXT(TBA)
- Women’s 5-on-5 Tag Team Elimination Match- RAW(TBA) vs SmackDown(Sasha Banks, Carmella, Dana Brooke) vs NXT(TBA)
- Interbrand Champions Match- AJ Styles(RAW) vs Shinsuke Nakamura(SmackDown) vs Roderick Strong(NXT)