Rizin 42: Asakura vs Motoya PPV event is set to take on May 6, 2023, at Tokyo Ariake Arena in Tokyo, Japan.
Former Bantamweight Champion Kai Asakura returns to action after a year to take on Yuki Motoya in the main event. He suffered just his third loss in Rizin in his last appearane against Hiromasa Ougikubo in December 2021 in Bantamweight Grand Prix Tournament. Motoya rides a 5-fights winning streak heading into this bout.
Juan Archuleta, former Bellator champion, will take on former UFC fighter Naoki Inoue in the co-main event bantamweight bout. RIZIN Lightweight Champion Roberto Souza returns for the first time since his loss to AJ McKee at Bellator vs Rizin FF. He faces Spike Carlyle.
Join in the action from 1 AM ET onwards as we post results from Rizin 42: Asakura vs Motoya with complete fight card below.
- Sota Kimura def. Yasuhiro Kido via unanimous decision- 150 lbs Catchweight Kickboxing bout
- Ramazan Temirov def. Yuta Hamamoto via TKO(punches) at 3:52 in round 1 – Flyweight bout
- Takeji Yokoyama def. Takuya Yamamoto via submission(armbar) at 1:21 in round 1- Featherweight bout
- Erson Yamamoto def. Yuki Ito via unanimous decision- Flyweight bout
- Viktor Kolesnik def. Atsushi Kishimoto via TKO(leg kicks) at 2:48 in round 2 – Lightweight bout
- Ulka Sasaki def. Boyd Allen via unanimous decision – Flyweight bout
- Kazumasa Majima def. Takahiro Ashida via submission(Von Flue choke) at 4:05 in round 1- Featherweight bout
- John Dodson def. Tatsuki Saomoto via unanimous decision – Flyweight bout
- YA-MAN def. Kota Miura via TKO at 3:40 of round 1- Featherweight bout
- Buakaw Banchamek vs. Rukiya Anpo via Majority draw – Lightweight bout
- Roberto Satoshi de Souza def. Spike Carlyle via unanimous decision- Lightweight bout
- Juan Archuleta def. Naoki Inoue via unanimous decision – Bantamweight bout
- Kai Asakura def. Yuki Motoya via KO(knee) at 3:27 in round 3 – Bantamweight bout