Deontay Wilder returns to the boxing ring after a year as he gets ready for a WBC Heavyweight Title Eliminator bout against Robert Helenius on October 15, 2022.
The Bronze Bomber will headline an event at Barclays Center in New York City for the fourth time in his career. He will be attempting to get back on track after back-to-back losses to Tyson Fury. Those losses saw Wilder lose the WBC Heavyweight title which he had successfully retained 10 times in a row prior to those losses to Fury.
Wilder had almost given up on boxing as per his own admission. However, the fire in him sparked back during unveiling of his statue in his hometown. While this bout can be considered a tune-up fight, Robert Helenius might not be as straightforward a win as Wilder might be expecting.
Both men were last active on the same night on October 9, 2021. But, 38 years old Helenius came out with a different result as he shocked the world with a second consecutive knockout win over previously undefeated Adam Kownacki. Will he be able to upset Wilder also?
Apart from the main event, the undercard will feature a clash of former world champions. Check below for complete details from Deontay Wilder vs Robert Helenius PPV with the complete undercard, date, start time, location, and more details.
Former IBF Super Middleweight Champion Caleb Plant will take on two-time WBC Super Middleweight Champion Anthony Dirrell. Dirrell has bounced back from losing to David Benavidez with two wins in 2021. Plant will be in the ring for the first time dropping his title to Canelo Alvarez. Which former champion will triumph here?
Undefeated heavyweight Frank Sanchez will face Carlos Negron to defend WBC Continental Americas title. Gary Antonio Russell and Emmanuel Rodriguez will clash in a rematch after their first bout ended in no-contest due to an accidental headbutt. The complete main card is as below:
- Deontay Wilder(42-2-1) vs Robert Helenius(31-3) – 12 rounds WBC Heavyweight Title Eliminator bout
- Caleb Plant(21-1) vs Anthony Dirrell(34-2-2) – 12 rounds WBC Super Middleweight Title Eliminator bout
- Frank Sanchez(20-0) vs Carlos Negron(25-3) – 10 rounds WBC Continental Americas Heavyweight title bout
- Gary Antonio Russell(19-0) vs Emmanuel Rodriguez(20-2) – 12 rounds Bantamweight bout
Several prospects are on the prelims undercard like lightweight Michel Rivera, Vito Mielnicki, Keeshawn Williams, among others. The prelims card for Deontay Wilder vs Robert Helenius event is as below:
- Michel Rivera(23-0) vs Jerry Perez(14-1) – 8 rounds Lightweight bout
- Vito Mielnicki Jr(12-1) vs Limberth Ponce(19-5) – 10 rounds Super Welterweight bout
- Gurgen Hovhannisyan(3-0) vs Michael Polite Coffie(13-2) – 8 rounds Heavyweight bout
- Keeshawn Williams(9-1-1) vs Julio Rosa(5-1) – 6 rounds Welterweight bout
- Geovany Bruzon(7-1) vs James Evans(4-0-1) – 6 rounds Heavyweight bout
- Michael Angeletti(6-0) vs Jeremy Adorno(7-0) – 6 rounds Super Bantamweight bout
- Miguel Roman(2-0) vs Jose Negrete(2-0) – 4 rounds Super Bantamweight bout