Joshua Buatsi returns to the ring after an year to take on Pawel Stepien on May 6, 2023, to headline a Boxxer card, named as Crowning Glory, on Sky Sports from Birmingham, UK.
Buatsi last faced Craig Richards to beat him via unanimous decision. Since then, he has changed his promoter to Boxxer from Matchroom boxing. He will look to maintain his WBA #1 contender status against Dmitry Bivol. Stepien, 32 years old Polish man, is also unbeaten with 18 wins and 1 loss.
The undercard features Lauren Price facing Kirstie Bavington in her 4th bout for British Women’s Welterweight title. Tyler Denny takes on Macaulay McGowan for vacant European External Middleweight title further down the undercard. Sean McComb face Kaisee Benjamin to defend WBO European Super Lightweight title. Ben Whittaker face Jordan Grant in a light heavyweight bout.
The coverage will start at 12 PM ET/5 PM BST on Sky Sports Boxing Youtube Channel in UK only, followed by Sky Sports Action in UK from 2 PM ET/7 PM BST, and the final few bouts will also air on Sky Sports Main Event from 5 PM ET/10 PM ET onwards. We will be here for all those cards with results live from Boxxer’s Crowning Glory Joshua Buatsi vs Pawel Stepien event with complete fight card, and other details.
Prelims Card(5 PM BST/12 PM ET)
- Danny Quartermaine def. Christian Flores via TKO in round 4 – 4 rounds, Junior Lightweight bout (Watch Video)
- Cori Gibbs def. Jimmy First via points (78-74) – 8 rounds, Lightweight bout
- Shakan Pitters def. Joel McIntyre via points (80-72) – 8 rounds, Light Heavyweight bout
Main Card(7 PM BST/2 PM ET)
- Sean McComb def. Kaisee Benjamin via unanimous decision (97-94, 97-93, 96-95) – 10 rounds bout for WBO European Super Lightweight Championship
- Ben Whittaker def. Jordan Grant via TKO in round 3 – 6 rounds, Light Heavyweight Bout (Watch Video)
- Tyler Denny def. Macaulay McGowan via split decision (93-97, 96-94, 96-94)- 10 rounds bout for vacant European External Middleweight Championship
- Lauren Price def. Kirstie Bavington via unanimous decision (100-90, 100-90, 100-90) – 10 rounds bout for British Women’s Welterweight Championship
- Main Event: Joshua Buatsi def. Pawel Stepien via unanimous decision (98-92, 97-94, 100-90) – 12 rounds, Light-Heavyweight bout