NXT Results- 27 March 2019: Dusty Rhodes Final
The pre-taped episode of NXT was telecasted on WWE Network on 27 March 2019. Here are the complete updates and results from the episode.
- The show kicked off with Adam Cole calling out Johnny Gargano. The crowd was split down the middle as both men faced off. Cole is the heel here and cut off the crowd and yelled that he didn’t need their support. Gargano said that he loves the Johnny Wrestling chants which brought the crowd roaring back once again.
- Cole pointed out the difference between his and Gargano’s Takeover record. Gargano recounted his story from a failed tryout in 2015 till now and how much he has come ahead in his career. The promo went on for some time and ended with the Undisputed Era coming out to back Cole.
- Aliyah and Vanessa Borne vs Kacy Catanzaro and Lacey Lane. Lane and Borne started off the match. Lane showed some impressive top rope work early but lost momentum. Aliyah and Borne took over, making quick tags and keeping Lane in their corner. The match ended in disqualification after Shayna Baszler, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke attacked who cleared the ring. Baszler went after Kacy, but Kacy fought back only to be put in the Kirifuda Clutch by Baszler
. MattRiddle defeated Kona Reeves. The match was extremely fast-paced from the jump, with the momentum going back and forth between the two men. But before this match could really get underway, The Velveteen Dream interrupted sitting on a couch, flanked by two beautiful women. The distraction gave Reeves a chance to hit some moves on Riddle. But Riddle came back and grabbed Reeves in the Bromission, forcing him to tap out.
- Post-match, Velveteen Dream announced Matt Riddle as the winner. Riddle headed over to Dream, drank from his chalice and then tossed it. Riddle said he will see Dream at TakeOver and heads off.
- Aleister Black and Ricochet defeated The Forgotten Sons (Wesley Blake and Steve Cutler) in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals. After a good back and forth match, and with interference from Jaxson Ryker(the other member of the Forgotten Sons). Near the end, Ryker was caught by the referee while he was shoving Aleister’s boot off the bottom rope. Black Mass from Aleister on Blake was followed by a 630 from Ricochet to get the win.
- Post Match, the War Raiders came out for a stare-down in the middle of the ring and the four men stood eye-to-eye as the show went off the air.