WWE Money In The Bank 2020 News, Matches, Storyline, Date, Time, Location
WWE Money in the Bank is WWE’s traditional PPV, taking place every year since 2010. The PPV centers around the Money in the Bank Ladder matches where the winners get a briefcase. The 2020 edition on MITB PPB was earlier announced to take place in Baltimore. But the event was then shifted to WWE Performance Center after the COVID-19 pandemic.
The briefcase contains a contract for World title match which they can encash anytime & anywhere. This year, one MITB ladder match will take place at WWE Headquarters building. The match will have two briefcases, one for men and another for women, and both men and women participants will compete in the match at the same time.
WWE Money in the Bank Results
- Jeff Hardy defeated Cesaro – on Pre-Show
- The New Day(c) defeated The Forgotten Sons, The Miz and John Morrison and Lucha House Party in a fatal 4-way Tag Team Match to retain the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
- Bobby Lashley defeated R-Truth
- Bayley(c) defeated Tamina Snuka to retain the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Braun Strowman(c) defeated Bray Wyatt to retain WWE Universal Championship
- Drew McIntyre(c) defeated Seth Rollins to retain WWE Championship
- Asuka won Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match over Nia Jax, Bianca Beliar, Lacey Evans, Dana Brooke and Carmella
- Otis won Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match over Baron Corbin, AJ Styles, Aleister Black, Rey Mysterio and Daniel Bryan
Also Read | WWE Money In The Bank 2020 Results & Updates
WWE Money In The Bank 2020 Match Storylines
Kick-Off Matches – Jeff Hardy vs Cesaro & R-Truth vs MVP
Aleister Black vs Daniel Bryan vs Rey Mysterio vs Otis vs Baron Corbin vs AJ Style – Men’s Money In The Bank Ladder Match
3 participants each from RAW and SmackDown roster have qualified for Men’s Money in the Bank ladder match. The match will take place at WWE Headquarters building, starting from the ground floor while the briefcase will be hanging on the third floor. Both men and women’s matches will take place simultaneously.
Apollo Crews earlier qualified for the match but later got injured(kayfabe) and was pulled out of the match. AJ Styles then won the Gauntlet Match on RAW episode 4 May to enter the match. From SmackDown’s side, Baron Corbin defeated Drew Gulak with help from Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro. This started a feud between Daniel Bryan(Gulak’s partner) and Corbin. Bryan earlier defeated Cesaro to qualify for the match.
- Rey Mysterio defeated Buddy Murphy to qualify(RAW)
- Aleister Black defeated Austin Theory to qualify(RAW)
Apollo Crews defeated MVP to qualify(RAW)Later got injured and removed from the match
- Daniel Bryan defeated Cesaro to qualify(SmackDown)
- Baron Corbin defeated Drew Gulak to qualify(SmackDown)
- Otis defeated Dolph Ziggler to qualify(SmackDown)
- AJ Styles won the Gauntlet match(RAW) to qualify. The match also involved Bobby Lashley, Titus O’ Niel, Akira Tozawa, Shelton Benjamin, Humberto Carrillo, Austin Theory and Angel Garza.
Asuka vs Nia Jax vs Shayna Baszler vs Dana Brooke vs Lacey Evans vs Carmella – Women’s Money In The Bank Ladder Match
3 participants each from RAW and SmackDown roster have qualified for Women’s Money in the Bank ladder match. The match will take place at WWE Headquarters building, starting from the ground floor while the briefcase will be hanging on the third floor. Both men and women’s matches will take place simultaneously.
Lacey Evans defeated her long time rival Sasha Banks on SmackDown to qualify. Carmella and Dana Brooke, recent tag team partners, also qualified via different matches. Nia Jax, Shayna Baszlers and Asuka were supposed to face-off in a triple threat match, but they got involved in a pre-match brawl and the match never took place.
- Asuka defeated Ruby Riott(RAW)
- Shayna Baszler defeated Sarah Logan(RAW)
- Nia Jax defeated Kairi Sane(RAW)
- Dana Brooke defeated Naomi(SmackDown)
- Lacey Evans defeated Sasha Banks(SmackDown)
- Carmella defeated Mandy Rose(SmackDown)
Drew McIntyre (c) vs Seth Rollins – WWE Championship
Drew McIntyre became the WWE Champion after defeating Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 36. Seth Rollins was defeated by Kevin Owens on the same night. Seth Rollins took his loss badly, saying that he had been crucified and now had truly risen(a part of his Monday Night Messiah gimmick). After McIntyre’s match on 13 April’s RAW, Seth Rollins attacked him.
Next week, McIntyre cut a promo on Seth, saying that he has got his intention clear and challenged him for the championship match at Money in the Bank. Rollins accepted the challenge later on the show. During the build-up, Rollins kept saying that McIntyre is not ready to be a leader to take the wrestling world to the next level and he is trying to unburden him from the responsibility.
Braun Strowman (c) vs The Fiend (Bray Wyatt) – Universal Championship
Braun Strowman won the WWE Universal Title from Goldberg at WrestleMania 36. On the next SmackDown episode, Bray Wyatt appeared on the screen to tell him that he wants to take the title back. Wyatt earlier lost the title to Goldberg on Super ShowDown 2020. The match was made official on next week’s show. Two weeks later, Wyatt recalled Strowman’s history in the Wyatt Family during the Firefly Fun House segment.
Bayley (c) vs Tamina – SmackDown Women’s Champion
Bayley managed to retain her WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship title at WrestleMania 36. In the same match, Tamina was eliminated as all the other participants combined against her. On the next SmackDown after WrestleMania, Tamina challenged Bayley once again for the title match. Bayley replied that she would have to beat Sasha Banks first to get the title shot.
Next week, Tamina successfully defeated Sasha Banks as Lacey Evans came out to help her against Bayley’s interferences. The story continued next week with Lacey Evans defeating Sasha Banks in the MITB qualifying match and a tag team match between them two weeks later.
The New Day (c) vs The Forgotten Sons vs Lucha House Party vs The Miz & John Morrison – SmackDown Tag Team Championship
Big E defeated The Miz(c) and Jey Uso in a triple threat match for the Tag Team Championship on 17 April SmackDown episode. On 1 May episode of SmackDown, Forgotten Sons defeated the New Day in a non-title match, and hence, earned a title match. On the same night, Lucha House Party also defeated The Miz and John Morrison in another tag team match. WWE then announced the fatal 4-way match for Money in the Bank PPV.