Terence Crawford clashes with David Avanesyan on December 10, 2022, in CHI Health Center in Omaha, NE, to headline a BLK Prime PPV event.
This will be Crawford’s return to the boxing ring after more than a year. “Bud” was last seen in the boxing ring when he defeated Shawn Porter via knockout in the tenth round on November 20, 2021. He will be defending his WBO Welterweight World Championship against David Avanesyan.
The undercard of the event will feature MMA Fighter Cris Cyborg in the co-main event. Arnold Khegai takes on former Featherweight title challenger Eduardo Baez on the undercard.
December 10, 2022
Prelims- 6:30 pm ET, Main Card- 9 pm ET, Main Event- 11 pm ET
- Terence Crawford(38-0) vs. David Avanesyan(29-3-1) – 12 rounds bout for Crawford‘s WBO Welterweight World Championship
After months of negotiations, Terence Crawford’s showdown with Errol Spence could not get finalized. Crawford moved on to fight David Avanesyan to a mandatory defense out of the way when he thought Spence’s deal is not getting finalized anytime soon. Crawford, undefeated over three weight classes and undisputed at light welterweight, will return to the ring 13 months after defeating Shawn Porter in his fifth defense of the WBO Welterweight title.
David Avanesyan, who previously held the WBA Regular Welterweight title, has built momentum with 5 stoppage wins in a row. His most recent win came when he stopped Oskari Metz in the first round itself when they headlined a Queensbury Promotions event on BT Sport. Despite his recent form, Avanesyan is not considered a serious threat to Crawford. Will he be able to cause an upset and get the first win over Crawford?
- Cris Cyborg(1-0) vs. Gabby Holloway(0-2) – 4 rounds Super Welterweight bout
Former UFC and current Bellator Featherweight Champion Cris Cyborg has made her way to the boxing ring now. She made her boxing debut in September in Brazil in a bout that Texas’ Licensing body refused to sanction due to her opponents’ previous record. She won that bout via unanimous decision after lasting for whole 8 rounds. Will her form continue in the second bout?
- Arnold Khegai(18-1-1) vs. Eduardo Baez(21-3-2) – 10 rounds Featherweight Bout
Ukraine’s Arnold Khegai will face Mexico’s Eduardo Baez in the second last bout on the main card. Khegai has two wins in a row after his loss to Stephen Fulton in 2020. He defeated Vincente Rodriguez in December 2021 before knocking out Ruben Garcia in the third round. Baez was last seen facing Emanuel Navarette where he lost via knockout in the sixth round. Will he bounce back from that loss?
- Jeremiah “Dreamland” Milton (7-0) vs. Dajuan Calloway (5-1) – 6 rounds Heavyweight Bout
- Steven Nelson(17-0) vs. James Ballard(10-4) – 8 rounds Light Heavyweight Bout
- Edel Gomez(6-0) vs. Joseph Aguilar(4-1-1) – 8 rounds Light Heavyweight Bout
- Boubacar Sylla (12-0) vs Javier Mayoral(4-2) – 6 rounds Welterweight Bout
- Alan Garcia (7-0) vs. Eduardo Pereira Dos Reis (24-10) – 6 rounds Lightweight Bout
- Robert Rodriguez(10-1-2) vs. Jose Lopez(3-2-1) – 6 rounds Super Bantamweight Bout
- Alton Alik Wiggins(Debut) vs. Phillip Carmouche(2-3) – 4 rounds Welterweight Bout