Gennadiy Golovkin and Ryan Murata clash in Saitama, Japan for middleweight title unification on April 9, 2022. The boxing event will air on Dazn worldwide. (Check timings here.)
This bout was earlier scheduled for December last year, but the COVID-19 situation in Japan forced postponing of this title unification bout. With this bout, Golovkin will be making a record 22nd defense of a middleweight title. This is his 22nd defense of any middleweight world title.
For Murata, this is his second defense of the WBA(regular) title since he won it back from Rob Brant in July 2019. Infact, Murata is returning to the ring for the first time he defended that title against Steven Butler in December 2019.
Two more title bouts are scheduled on the undercard. Shuichiro Yoshino defends his WBO Asia Pacific and OPBF Lightweight against Masayuki Ito. Junto Nakatani defends the WBO Flyweight title against Ryota Yamauchi. A bantamweight bout between Kazuki Anaguchi and Ryuji Yamamoto, and a super bantamweight bout between Hiroka Amaki and Taiga Kato complete the card.
Keep tuned in for the complete results from Dazn’s Gennadiy Golovkin vs Ryota Murata boxing event.
- Show – Gennadiy Golovkin vs Ryota Murata – Dazn Boxing
- Date – April 9, 2022
- Location – Saitama Sports Arena, Saitama, Japan
- Start Time- 5:10 AM EST
Results & Fight Card
- Gennadiy Golovkin defeated Ryota Murata via TKO(corner stoppage) at 2:10 in round 9- 12 rounds IBF and WBA Middleweight Title Unification bout
- Junto Nakatani(c) defeated Ryota Yamauchi at 2:20 in round 8 at 12 rounds WBO Flyweight Championship bout
- Shuichiro Yoshino(c) defeated Masayuki Ito by points- 12 rounds WBO Asia Pacific and OPBF Lightweight Championship bout
- Kazuki Anaguchi defeated Ryuji Yamamoto via TKO in round 3 – 6 rounds Super Bantamweight bout
- Taiga Kato defeated Hiroka Amaki via unanimous decision(39-36, 39-36, 39-36)- 4 rounds Welterweight bout