WWE 205 Live Results and Updates- 18 June 2019
Welcome to the Results and Updates Blog for 205 Live Episode of 18 June 2019.
- Location- Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, US
- Time- 10 PM EST(19 June 2019 2 AM GMT/7:30 AM IST)
- Drake Maverick announces that after the inconsequential finish of the no. 1 contender’s match last week, Tony Nese will defend the Cruiserweight Championship in a Triple Threat Match at Stomping Grounds against Akira Tozawa and Drew Gulak.
- Singh Brothers (Samir and Sunil Singh) defeated Lucha House Party (Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado) by a schoolboy pin on Metalik.
- Backstage Noam Dar cuts a promo. He says since Drew Gulak attacked him, he’s been enjoying some time off recovering in Magaluf (Spain). He looks forward to coming back, but only if Drake Maverick meets his demands.
- Brian Kendrick walks up and does a bit with Dar where they pretend they are in Magaluf, but Kendrick says he has to go because he has to catch his private jet to California because he has a match later.
- Brian Kendrick over Russ Taylor by pinfall after Sliced Bread in a squash match.
- Jack Gallagher is interviewed backstage and is soon interrupted by Mike and Maria Kanellis, who berate him for blowing a golden opportunity last week. They talk about how they might not stick around, but if they do, it will be to put 205 Live on their backs. Gallagher admits he has been in a slump and challenges Mike for a match next week. “I’ll give you an opportunity to get a black eye in front of your wife.”
- Oney Lorcan defeated Ariya Daivari by disqualification after Daivari hits him with a chair at ringside.
- Post-match, Daivari beats Lorcan up. putting him into the announce table, steel steps and then the LED boards before referees stop him. He hits the Pepsi Twist on the stage before leaving.
- Promo package for the triple-threat cruiserweight title match for the Stomping Grounds pay per view. Tony Nese says that he knows that the odds are stacked against him, but he tells the odds-makers to “shove it.” He promises to remain a fighting champion, and will still be after Sunday.
- Akira Tozawa is next. He says that Gulak is tough and Nese is the all-around best, but he will be cruiserweight champion once again.
- Drew Gulak is last: “There is no hope for a better 205 Live. Only a better Drew Gulak.” He says that rules are out the window, it’s time for him to be the Gulak of old: “Sadistic, violent.” He promises that the WWE Universe would call him a champion.