UFC programming will return to ESPN+ after a week’s gap on October 15, 2022, with UFC Vegas 62 event. Also known as UFC on ESPN+ 70, it will feature a women’s flyweight bout in the main event between Alexa Grasso and Viviane Araújo.
Grasso and Araújo are ranked #5 and #6 in UFC women’s flyweight ranking respectively. The bout was earlier planned for the August 13 event, but visa issues for Grasso forced a postponement. This event was also supposed to be headlined by Shane Strickland vs Jared Cannonier bout, but Strickland’s finger infection has pushed it to an event in December.
Alexa Grasso comes into the bout with three wins on the bounce since moving to flyweight. Before her latest victory coming against Joanne Calderwood at UFC Columbus, she defeated Ji Yeon Kim and Maycee Barber in her bouts in 2020 and 2021 respectively. Viviane Araújo has won 3 out of her 4 bouts in UFC since the start of 2020. She has wins over Montana De La Rosa and Roxanne Modafferi before a loss to Katlyn Chookagian at UFC 262. She defeated Andrea Lee earlier this year to return to winning ways.
In the co-main event, Jonathan Martinez will look to get his fourth win in last 12 months as he takes on an experienced campaigner in Cub Swanson. Swanson is entering the octagon for the first time this year after a renewed contract with UFC. Brandon Royval vs Askar Askarov flyweight bout and Duško Todorović vs Jordan Wright middleweight bout are also booked for the main card.
Check below for the complete details on UFC Vegas 62: Grasso vs Araújo or UFC on ESPN+ 70 event, with fight card, start time, how to watch and more details.
- Event: UFC Fight Night
- Date: October 15, 2022
- Prelims Card Start Time: 4 PM EST
- Main Card Start Time: 7 PM EST
- Location: UFC APEX, Las Vegas, NV, US
- Desk analysts: Dan Hellie(host), Din Thomas & Alan Jouban
- Cageside commentators: Brendan Fitzgerald (lead commentator), Paul Felder & Daniel Cormier
- In Ring announcer: Joe Martinez
- Roving reporter: Charly Arnolt
How to Watch
Both prelims and main card of UFC Vegas 62 will be airing on ESPN+ streaming service. You can access the event using below link.
The event is available worldwide via UFC Fight Pass with a monthly subscription. However, the main event fights come two days later on UFC Fight Pass. Check below for different platforms to watch UFC Vegas 62 in different countries.
- UK – BT Sports
- Australia – ESPN/Foxtel Go
- India – Sony Liv
- Canada – TSN
- Germany, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy- Dazn
- Main Event: Alexa Grasso vs Viviane Araujo – Women’s Flyweight Bout
- Co-Main Event: Cub Swanson vs Jonathan Martinez – Bantamweight Bout
- Duško Todorović vs Jordan Wright – Middleweight bout
- Misha Cirkunov vs Alonzo Menifield – Light Heavyweight bout
- Raphael Assunção vs Victor Henry – Bantamweight bout
- Brandon Davis vs Leomana Martinez – Bantamweight bout
- Nick Maximov vs Jacob Malkoun – Middleweight bout
- Joanderson Brito vs Lucas Alexander – Featherweight bout
- Sam Hughes vs Piera Rodríguez – Women’s Strawweight bout
- Tatsuro Taira vs C.J. Vergara – Flyweight bout
- Mike Jackson vs Pete Rodriguez – Welterweight bout
Canceled or Moved bout
- Jared Cannonier vs Sean Strickland
- Melsik Baghdasaryan vs Joanderson Brito
- Neil Magny vs Daniel Rodriguez
- Askar Askarov vs Brandon Royval