2K has confirmed current Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch and WWE Superstar Roman Reigns as the cover Superstars for WWE 2K20 Video Game.
Yesterday, the trailer leaked over the internet with various Youtube Channels and Twitter handles. The cover release trailer sees Becky Lynch crashing the glass ceiling of a mansion which likely belongs to WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan, where a party is ongoing. The trailer also featured various other WWE Legends and Superstars in Steve Austin, Paul Heyman, Braun Strowmanm Velveteen Dream, Sheamus and finally Roman Reigns who will also be on the cover of the game.
Apart from being on the cover, Becky Lynch and Roman Reigns will serve as ambassadors for the worldwide promotion of the game which is set to release on 22 October 2019 for the PlayStation 4 systems and the Xbox One family of devices. 2k release on their website also had quotes from both Lynch and Reigns.
- Becky Lynch: “My career has been about breaking barriers and doing what nobody else has done before. Being the first female Superstar on the cover of a WWE 2K video game is no exception.”
- Roman Reigns: “As a gamer myself, being on the cover of WWE 2K20 alongside ‘The Man’ Becky Lynch and joining the likes of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and John Cena is a huge career and personal milestone for me.”
The various features of the game are listed below:
- WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition or Collector’s Edition will contain in-game bonuses, including playable Superstars Chyna, Hulk Hogan, Mankind and The Rock, in addition to the Standard Edition game.
- Several franchise-first additions are also there alongside streamlined gameplay and a variety of popular modes.
- The Women’s Evolution is a story-driven and objective-based mode which will follow the career of of the Four Horsewomen – Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch, SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley, Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks.
- Players will be able to compete as both male and female Superstars in MyCAREER and Mixed Tag matches.
- WWE 2K19’s WWE Towers returns with exciting new challenges, including a story-driven Tower centered around the career of Roman Reigns.
- The game will also introduce a new service model – WWE 2K20 Originals – set to deliver a wealth of 2K Showcase add-on content for player exploration beyond the game’s initial launch.
- Each of the WWE 2K20 Originals will present a new playable world and its own unique theme, with more details to be announced in the coming months. WWE 2K20 Originals is downloadable content that may require additional purchase.