WWE Clash of Champions 2019 match between Roman Reigns and Erick Rowan is now changed to a no Disqualification match.
The match between the two was set up after it was revealed that Rowan was behind the attacks on Roman Reigns. Last week, Rowan assaulted Roman Reigns and also his former tag team partner Daniel Bryan when he tried to save Roman. This week, Rowan came out to cut a promo where he vented out his frustration that people think of him only as a big oaf. He told fans that actually he is a schemer, master manipulator.
This led to Roman Reigns coming out and an epic brawl spilled out in the arena. During the brawl, two men went toe to toe against each other. At one point, when they were amidst the crowd, Rowan picked up a fan and threw him on Roman. The brawl finally reached the stage where Rowan grabbed a Jimmy Jib camera and threw it on Roman, taking him out along with a couple of security personals.
Taking the severity of their brawl in the account, WWE has now changed their match at Clash of Champions to a No Disqualification affair. Also, this is the only non-title match among the 10 matches on Clash of Champions card. The updated match card is as follows:
- Seth Rollins vs Braun Strowman – WWE Universal Championship
- Kofi Kingston(c) vs Randy Orton – WWE Championship
- Becky Lynch(c) vs Sasha Banks – WWE RAW Women’s Championship
- Bayley(c) vs Charlotte Flair – WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman(c) vs Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode – WWE RAW Tag Team Championship
- Drew Gulak(c) vs Humberto Carrillo – WWE Cruiserweight Championship
- The New Day(c) vs The Revival- WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs The Miz- WWE Intercontinental Championship
- Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross(c) vs Fire and Desire(Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose) – WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship
- Roman Reigns vs Erick Rowan