Welcome to the Results and Updates blog for NXT episode of 28 August 2019, a pre-tapped version from Full Sail University Campus. Spoilers for next episodes available here.
- Io Shirai defeated Came Fields via submission with the Koji Clutch in a short match.
- Shirai refused to let go of Fields even after the submission. Then, she grabs a kendo stick for more beating. Candice LeRae runs out, snatches the stick, and smacks Shirai a few times. Shirai runs away while LeRae yells at her from the ring.
- Dominik Dijakovic defeated Keith Lee in another fine match between them. A Takeover Level match which ended when Dijakovic grabbed a tired Lee and hit the Argentine GTS for the pin.
- A vignette with career highlights of Johnny Gargano from his in NXT to “Thank You, Johnny” chants at Takeover: Toronto.
- At commentary, Mauro Ranallo talks about Gargano’s achievements but gets interrupted by Shane Thorne. He talks some trash about Gargano.
- Backstage, Mia Yim is arguing with NXT General Manager William Regal about wanting another title shot against Shayna Baszler. He says she already had her opportunity at TakeOver, plus, she was the one who attacked them first, so she should expect retaliation.
- NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler, Marina Shafir, and Jessamyn Duke head out to the ring. Before they start their promo. Rhea Ripley makes her NXT return, getting a big pop from the crowd. Baszler goes on to say something to her but Ripley snatches the mic out of her hand, “I know what you’re gonna say. You’re gonna say you beaten everyone here. But you haven’t beaten me, b—-!”. Baszler bails out of the ring with Shafir and Duke as the crowd gets behind Ripley.
- Pete Dunne with a sitdown interview. He talks about TakeOver: Toronto and how he came up short in the triple threat match for NXT North American Champion Velveteen Dream. Dunne says if anyone wants to step to him, he will break their fingers.
- Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly defeated the Street Profits with a pinfall to win the NXT Tag Team Championship.