Derrick Lewis is all set to face Ciryl Gane for the vacant interim heavyweight championship as he successfully weighed in at 264.5 pounds.
In the main event of UFC 265, Lewis who is currently at No. 3 rankings will square off against No. 4 ranked fighter Gane in a title bout. However, Lewis might have an upper hand as he only weighed 247 pounds.
In the co-main event, the Bantamweight contenders Pedro Munhoz and Jose Aldo also successfully weighed 136 and d135 pounds respectively.
A total of 26 fighters stepped on the scale this Friday for official weigh-ins for UFC 265. The only miss was of Manel Kape who is the present No. 13 fighter in MMA. He missed the weight by 3 pounds for his bout against Ode Osbourne.
The fight between these two fighters will still take place with Kape forfeiting 20% of his purse to Osbourne as a penalty. UFC 265 is all set to take place as scheduled on August 7 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
Below are the full results of the UFC 265 official weigh-in:
- Main Event: Derrick Lewis (264.5lbs) vs Ciryl Gane (247lbs)
- Co Main Event: Jose Aldo (136lbs) vs Pedro Munhoz (135lbs)
- Michael Chiesa (170.5lbs) vs Vicente Luque (170lbs)
- Song Yadong (135.5lbs) vs. Casey Kenney (136lbs)
- Tecia Torres (115lbs) vs. Angela Hill (115lbs)
- Bobby Green (156lbs) vs. Rafael Fiziev (155.5lbs)
- Vince Morales (136lbs) vs. Drako Rodriguez (136lbs)
- Miles Johns (136lbs) vs. Anderson dos Santos (135.5lbs)
- Alonzo Menifield (204.5lbs) vs. Ed Herman (205.5lbs)
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz (115lbs) vs. Jessica Penne (116lbs)
- Manel Kape (129lbs)* vs. Ode Osbourne (125lbs)
- Victoria Leonardo (125lbs) vs. Melissa Gatto (124lbs)
- Johnny Munoz (135.5lbs) vs. Jamey Simmons (136lbs)