WWE Cruiserweight Championship match is now changed to a triple threat affair as Lince Dorado is added to the mix alongside Drew Gulak and Humberto Carrillo.
Last week, WWE announced that Humberto Carrillo would face Drew Gulak for the Cruiserweight Championship. He was one of the surviving members in the 10-man Captain’s Challenge Elimination Match alongside Oney Lorcan a couple of weeks ago. Then last week, he became the no #1 contender by beating Oney Lorcan in a singles match.
This week at 205 Live, Lucha House Party member Lince Dorado demanded an opportunity for the Cruiserweight title as he has never been in the title match in his long tenure at 205 Live. 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick then announced that if Dorado would be successful in defeating Humberto Carrillo in their main event match, he will be added to the Clash of Champions match.
After Dorado succeeded in taking Carrillo, WWE announced that Cruiserweight title match will be a triple threat affair now. After that match, Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak came out and attacked Dorado. As Carrillo tried to make the save, Tony Nese, who has been frustrated by the series of losses, also came out to help out his old friend and complete his heel turn. Nese and Gulak worked together to lay down Dorado and Carrilo.
The updated match card for WWE Clash of Champions 2019 show is as follows:
- Seth Rollins vs Braun Strowman – WWE Universal Championship
- Kofi Kingston(c) vs Randy Orton – WWE Championship
- Becky Lynch(c) vs Sasha Banks – WWE RAW Women’s Championship
- Bayley(c) vs Charlotte Flair – WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman(c) vs Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode – WWE RAW Tag Team Championship
- Drew Gulak(c) vs Humberto Carrillo – WWE Cruiserweight Championship
- The New Day(c) vs The Revival- WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs The Miz- WWE Intercontinental Championship
- King of the Ring Tournament Finals
- Roman Reigns vs Erick Rowan