Welcome to ITN’s Live Results and Updates blog for WWE Super Showdown 2020 show from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on 27 February 2020.
- Date- 27 February 2020
- Location- Mohammad Abdu Arena on the Boulevard, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Start Time- 12 PM EST/5 PM GMT/10:30 PM IST
- Pre-Show Start Time- 11 AM EST/4 PM GMT/9:30 PM IST
The third WWE Super ShowDown event will air from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The event is taking place on the road to WrestleMania this time but will have little effect on any of the storylines for the marque event. This is also a fifth WWE event taking place in Saudi Arabia. The main attraction will be the first-ever Women’s title match where Bayley will defend her WWE SmackDown Women’s title against Naomi.
WWE Super ShowDown 2020 Quick Results
- The OC (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson) defeated The Viking Raiders (Erik and Ivar) on Kick-off Pre-show
- The Undertaker wins Tuwaiq Trophy defeating AJ Styles, R-Truth, Erick Rowan, Bobby Lashley and Andrade
- The Miz and John Morrison defeated The New Day to become new WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champions
- Angel Garza defeated Humberto Carrillo
- Seth Rollins & Murphy(c) defeated Street Profits(Motez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) to retain WWE RAW Tag Team Championship
- Mansoor defeated Dolph Ziggler
- Brock Lesnar(c) defeated Ricochet to retain the WWE Championship
- Roman Reigns defeated Baron Corbin in a Steel Cage Match
- Bayley(c) defeated Naomi to retain WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Goldberg defeated The Fiend Bray Wyatt to become the new WWE Universal Champion
WWE Super ShowDown 2020 Pre-show Live Results & Updates
Charly Caruso welcomes us from WWE TV Studios and with her are Scott Stanford and David Otunga. They plug WWE network to stream the show and go through the lineup for the night. The Viking Raiders vs The OC match is slated for the Kick-off show while Tuwaiq Trophy Gauntlet match will open the main show. You can catch the complete kick-off show above. For
They start discussing the line-up with the steel cage match between Roman Reigns and King Baron Corbin. Byron Saxton is with AJ Styles to discuss Tuwaiq Trophy Gauntlet match. Styles does not care if he had to go through 1000 superstars to win the trophy, because he is the Phenomenal. He name many legends he is better than but stops at Aleister Black’s name and says that he will take care of Black on Monday. Otunga names Rey Mysterio to win the Gauntlet match.
Paul Heyman gets a pre-recorded promo. He says Ricochet does not stand the chance against Brock Lesnar but we should be ready for an upset. He sincerely sells the possibility of an upset. Then he sways into saying that Lesnar is gonna destroy Ricochet and Ricochet should be worried. The Miz and John Morrison are cutting a promo now. Morrison wants the Emmy and MTV award for the greatest comeback of the year after they win the Tag Team titles later tonight.
Natalya’s tweet is shown where she congratulates Bayley and Naomi for the first women’s championship match in Saudi Arabia. Byron Saxton gets and interview with Naomi. The Street Profits are cutting a promo now. They hype themselves to win the tag team titles tonight, mocking Seth Rollins and Murphy. The panel discuss their match. Next, we get the package for Goldberg vs The Fiend match. Stanford points out how Goldberg does not show the fear that Seth Rollins, The Miz and Daniel Bryan showed earlier.
The Viking Raiders (Erik and Ivar) vs The OC (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson)
Anderson and Erik start the match. Erik starts strong and takes Anderson to the corner. Anderson with a headlock now but Erik deadlifts Anderson and slams him to the floor. Ivar is tagged in for double team. Quick tags keeps Anderson in the corner. Ivar rubs his beard over Anderson’s face. Erik slams Ivar on top of Anderson.
Some distraction changes the control and Gallows takes over. Gallows with an overhead suplex and more slams on Erik. Erik is put in a chinlock now. Anderson keeps the offense going in the corner. Gallows comes with a suplex now. The tags continue. Erik shows some athleticism to dodge The OC in the corner and tags in Ivar. Ivar wrecks havoc and dominates the opponents with quick moves.
Ivar goes for the hip attack in the corner but Gallows pulls Anderson out of the way. Erik gets the tag and hits a suplex on Gallows. Gallows hits the sitout powerbomb on Erik. More back and forth. Ivar goes to the top but misses the moonsault. The OC hits the Magic Killer to get the pin.
Winner- The OC(Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson)