Bellator 279: Cyborg vs Blencowe 2 Results, Fight Card, Timings
Bellator MMA will present Bellator 279: Cyborg vs Blencowe 2, its second event this weekend from Hawaii on April 23, 2022.
The headliner will see Cris Cyborg defending the Featherweight title against Arlene Blencowe in a rematch from 2020. Cyrborg came out victorious in that bout. She has successfully defended the title twice more since then. Blencowe has also won his two bouts since then in Bellator.
Two Bantamweight World Grand Prix quarterfinal bouts are also on the main card. The first match will see Juan Archuleta and Raufeon Stots clash which will also be the interim World Bantamweight title bout. Patchy Mix vs Kyoji Horiguchi is the other bout for world grand prix. Ilima Macfarlane vs Justine Kish women’s flyweight bout will complete the main card.
Check the results from Bellator 279: Cyborg vs Blencowe 2 event with complete fight card, start time and more details.
Results & Match Card
- Cris Cyborg defeated Arlene Blencowe by unanimous decision (49-45, 49-45, 49-45) – Bellator Women’s Featherweight Championship Bout
- Raufeon Stots defeated Juan Archuleta via KO (head kick & punches) at 0:16 of Round 3 – Bellator Bantamweight World Grand Prix Quarterfinal & Interim Bellator World Championship bout
- Justine Kish defeated Ilima-Lei Macfarlane via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28) – Women’s Flyweight Bout
- Patchy Mix defeated Kyoji Horiguchi via Unanimous Decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47) – Bellator Bantamweight World Grand Prix Quarterfinal Bout
- Yancy Medeiros defeated Emmanuel Sanchez via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)- Lightweight Bout
- Goiti Yamauchi defeated Levan Chokheli via submission at 3:49 in round 1 – Welterweight Bout
- Bobby King defeated Keoni Diggs via split decision (29-28, 30-27, 28-29)- Lightweight Bout
- Dayana Silva defeated Janay Harding via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)- Featherweight Bout
- Justin Gonzales defeated Kai Kamaka III Split Decision (29-28, 30-27, 28-29) – Featherweight Bout
- Lance Gibson Jr. defeated Nainoa Dung via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-25, 30-25) – Lightweight Bout