There can be a new undisputed champion as Josh Taylor and Jack Catterall battle over the unified Light Welterweight title. Also, one undefeated streak will end.
The 12-round fight will have WBA, IBF, WBC, WBO and the Ring titles on the line. Taylor(18-0) remains undefeated in his professional career and has accumulated the titles in his last 4 bouts. Jack Catterall, undefeated himself, became the WBO mandatory challenger in 2019, but has let Josh Taylor win two more belts before finally taking him on.
Taylor has accused of Catterall taking the short route to the undisputed champion status. The environment is tense and they almost came to blows at the weigh-in yesterday.
Nick Campbell and Jay McFarlane will fight for the vacant BBBofC Scottish Area Heavyweight Title on the undercard. Robeisy Ramirez vs. Eric Donovan will be the co-main event while Ebonie Jones vs. Effy Kathopouli will also be on the undercard.
Join us as we bring you the results from the Josh Taylor vs Jack Catterall boxing event.
- Josh Taylor defeated Jack Catterall via split decision (113-112,114-111,113-112) – 12 rounds, for josh Taylor’s WBO, WBC, WBA and IBF junior welterweight titles
- Robeisy Ramirez defeated Eric Donovan via TKO of round 3 – 10 rounds, featherweights bout
- Nick Campbell defeated Jay McFarlane via TKO of round 7 – 8 rounds, heavyweights bout
- Paddy Donovan defeated Miroslav Serban via TKO of round 6 – 6 rounds, welterweight bout
- Ebonie Jones vs. Effy Kathopouli (draw) – 6 rounds, women’s junior featherweights bout
- John Docherty defeated Jordan Grant via KO of round 2 – 8 rounds, super middleweight bout