NXT Results and Updates- 24 July 2019
Check out the results and updates from NXT episode of 24 July 2019.
- Jordan Myles defeated Angel Garza in the second round of NXT Breakout Tournament. Advances to final at Takeover: Toronto. Garza gets one spot for his gimmick where he tore off his pant and continued in trunks. Myles came back in the match later and finished Garza with a leg sweep, clothesline and German Suplex.
- Shane Thorne crashes the announce table after the match and wants to know why NXT debuted new stars in this tournament when they have him. Throne says he doesn’t need a tournament to breakout, he will break out on his own and heads off.
- Backstage, Johnny Gargano cuts a promo saying Adam Cole has made the feud personal by involving family. It’s no longer about winning the title, it is about beating the hell out of Cole. He announced his stipulation for the NXT Championship match at Takeover: Toronto, which is Street Fight.
- Bianca Belair defeated Xia Li with pinfall after KOD in a squash match.
- Killian Dain gets a video promo to explain why he attacked Matt Riddle last week. Dain says Riddle isn’t just “anybody,” he’s “somebody.” He says this isn’t MMA. This is Dain’s world where there are no rules and he can’t wait to introduce Riddle to his world.
- At the WWE Performance Center, Mia Yim attacks Jessamyn Duke after she finishes up a training session. Yim slams a locker into the side of Duke. Yim continues to beat her up before kicking another locker door into Duke’s shoulder.
- NXT North American Champion Velveteen Dream gets a promo where he says Rodrick Strong is not ready for the spotlight. Strong heads out to the ring and says he is the most deserving challenger and could take Dream’s title like that.
- Pete Dunne’s music hits and he gets a big pop from the crowd. Strong goes right at him and Dunne snaps his fingers. Dunne turns his attention to Dream and checks out his title.
- Backstage, Strong goes to William Regal about his title opportunity, he’s not happy that Dunne is trying to take that spot. Regal doesn’t disagree about Strong being a challenger before announcing the triple threat match between Dream, Strong and Dunne.
- Io Shirai defeated Kacy Catanzaro with disqualification when Candice LeRae attacks her.
- Backstage, Adam Cole picks the stipulation for his match against Johnny Gargano at TakeOver and it is a regular wrestling match. He also says that Undisputed Era will win all of their matches at TakeOver and they all will be draped in Gold.
- Damien Priest defeated Keith Lee with a pinfall. Good match with both men having even control and lots of counters. After Lee was sent to the steel steps, Damien used the referee as a shield back in the ring and hits the cyclone boot and the Reckoning to get the win.