NXT Results and Updates- 17 July 2019
Welcome to the NXT Results and Updates blog from 17 July 2019 episode. For spoilers from upcoming episodes,
- Matt Riddle defeated Arturo Ruas with a knockout. The match which felt more like an MMA bout, Riddle countered an armbar with a flash knee strike and rained down with punches, forcing the referee to stop the match.
- Killian Dain came out in a hoodie and attacked Riddle from behind. He went on to slam him into everything from the table, barricade, ring post, ring steps, the stage, etc.
- NXT Tag Team Champions Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins in a backstage promo talk about their accomplishments, addressing how they can be serious. They encourage the Undisputed Era to come and find them if they want the smoke, and after they do, the Street Profits will still be champs…. The Undisputed Champs.
- Next was the fan-shot footage of Mia Yim attacking Marina Shafir in the parking lot of a live event. This is part of Yim’s quest to get a title shot from Shayna Baszler.
- Bronson Reed defeated Dexter Lumis with pinfall following a super splash to advance to face Cameron Grimes in the second round of the Breakout Tournament.
- Cathy Kelley catches up with Tyler Breeze at a photoshoot. He says since he left NXT, everybody has a team. So he has a choice for his partner. Forgotten Sons roll up and tell him he is out of place now. Breeze compares Jaxson Ryker with Buddy Murphy. Wesley Blake replies that Ryker is something he has never seen before. Tyler leaves after saying that he has seen everything.
- Kushida defeated Apollo Crews with submission with a Kimura lock.
- Cathy Kelley was with Keith Lee where Lee mentions that there is a newcomer getting more shots than him in Damien Priest, so maybe it’s on him to change the narrative? Next week, it will be Priest vs Lee.
- NXT Champion Adam Cole is back from his championship tour and he brings out his next challenger from Johnny Gargano’s Wrestling School, Twan Tucker. Cole says he is giving Tucker a huge opportunity. Undisputed ERA won’t interfere in the match. Tucker takes the mic and says that he didn’t come alone.
- Johnny Gargano comes out and charges the ring to attack Cole. Gargano hits a superkick in the ring before Cole tries to run away. They continue fighting up and down the stairs, and in the production area. Gargano dives off the stage and onto Cole after the officials separate them. They head back to the ring where Gargano locks on Garga-No Escape until Cole taps. Officials finally get him off, and Johnny puts up three fingers as he backs up the ramp, signaling he wants the trilogy.