Jon Moxley and KENTA have been announced to enter this year’s NJPW G1 Climax tournament.
Former WWE NXT star Hideo Itami, known as KENTA in Japan, made a surprise appearance at NJPW Dominion event in Osaka, Japan. He came out and announced that he would be entering this year’s G1 Climax tournament.
KENTA formerly starred in Japan’s Pro Wrestling NOAH before signing with WWE in 2014. But he could not have a good run in the NXT brand due to a couple of serious injuries. He asked for the release from his WWE contract after Royal Rumble this January. He was released in February with 90 days no-compete clause attached.
Jon Moxley was still showing signs of his brutal battle with Juice Robinson this Sunday morning at NJPW Dominion. His opponent, Shota Umino, was able to take advantage of his injuries to score a few brief flurries of offense, but ultimately came nowhere close to put a challenge for Moxley.
Jon Moxley, formerly WWE’s Dean Ambrose, also announced himself as entrants for G1 Climax in the post-match promo. Moxley is the current IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Champion after defeating the incumbent Juice Robinson in his first NJPW match earlier this week at the Best of the Super Juniors final night.
Results from NJWP Dominion 6.9 2019
- Jon Moxley defeated Shota Umino
- Shingo Takagi defeated Satoshi Kojima
- Jyushin Thunder Liger and Yoshi-Hashi defeated Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.)
- Taguchi Japan (Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson and Ryusuke Taguchi) defeated Bullet Club (Jay White, Chase Owens and Taiji Ishimori)
- Tomohiro Ishii defeated Taichi to become new NEVER Openweight Champion
- Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) (c) defeated Los Ingobernables de Japon (Evil and Sanada) to retain IWGP Tag Team Championship
- Will Ospreay defeated Dragon Lee to become new IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion
- Tetsuya Naito defeated Kota Ibushi to become new IWGP Intercontinental Champion
- Kazuchika Okada defeated Chris Jericho to retain IWGP Heavyweight Championship