Boston Celtics center Enes Kanter appeared on WWE RAW last night and even managed to win the 24/7 Championship from R-Truth for a brief period.
Enes Kenter, a former New York Knicks player returned to Madison Square Garden before this week’s RAW episode. During the taping for WWE Main Event, he made his way to the ring but was booed mercilessly by the crowd due to his allegiance with Boston Celtics now.
He was then involved in a segment with WWE 24/7 Champion R-Truth who tried to reason with the crowd not to boo Kenter. But the NBA star chose to embrace the heat by knocking down Truth and pinning him to become the new WWE 24/7 Champion.
With this move, he also became the first professional basketball player to become the WWE 24/7 Champion. He then went on to reveal his Celtics jersey under his hoodie which brought out even more boos from the crowd at MSG.
Moments later, R-Truth also quickly rolled him up in a small package, which was described by Michael Cole on commentary as “the largest small package” ever and won the title back. This is the 15th time that Truth has won the title.
Notable 24/7 Championship facts
- First Champion- Titus O’ Niel
- Most Championship wins– 15(R-Truth)
- First WWE Hall of Famer Champion- Pat Patterson
- First Female Champion- Kelly Kelly
- First Pregnant Champion- Maria Kanellis
- First Co-Champions- The Revival
- First TV Host to be Champion- Rob Stone
- First Professional Basketball Player to become Champion- Enes Kenter