UFC Fight Night: Font vs Vera or UFC on ESPN 35 will air on April 30, 2022, for UFC Apex Arena in Las Vegas, NV.
The event, also called UFC Vegas 53, will see Rob Font and Marlon Vera in the headliner bout which is now changed to a catchweight bout at 138.5 lbs. Font is coming off a loss to Jose Aldo back in December, which snapped his 4 fights winning streak. Vera also lost to Aldo back in December 2020, but has won twice in 2021. This will be a key bout in terms on ranking.
Andrie Arlovski faces Jake Collier in the heavyweight co-main event bout. Arlovski is unbeaten in last three, defeating Jared Vandera in a split decision in February this year. Collier defeated Chase Sherman in January this year to return to winning ways.
The main card of UFC Fight Night: Font vs Vera will air on ESPN and ESPN+ while the prelims will air on ESPN+ streaming only.
Check the complete results from UFC Vegas 53 or Fight Night: Font vs Vera with the fight card, and more details below.
Results & Card
- Marlon Vera defeated Rob Font via unanimous decision (47-48, 46-49, 46-49) – Catchweight bout (138.5 lbs)
- Andrei Arlovski defeated Jake Collier via Split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28) – Heavyweight bout
- Joanderson Brito defeated Andre Fili via TKO (punch) at 0:41 of Round 1 – Featherweight bout
- Grant Dawson defeated Jared Gordon via submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:11 of Round 3 – Lightweight bout
- Darren Elkins defeated Tristan Connelly via unanimous decision (30-27,30-27,30-27) – Featherweight bout
- Krzysztof Jotko defeated Gerald Meerschaert via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)- Middleweight bout
- Alexandr Romanov defeated Chase Sherman via submission at 2:11 of round 2 – Heavyweight bout
- Francisco Figueiredo defeated Daniel Da Silva via Submission at 1:18 of round 1 – Flyweight bout
- Gabriel Green defeated Yohan Lainesse via TKO at 0:56 of round 2 – Welterweight bout
- Natan Levy defeated Mike Breeden via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28) – Lightweight bout
- Shanna Young def. Gina Mazany via TKO at 2.11 of round 2- Flyweight bout