Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov and Joe Cordina clashed to headline a Matchroom Boxing event on Dazn Streaming on April 22, 2023, in Cardiff, Wales.
The bout was for IBF Junior Lightweight Championship. Cordina held the title last year and was supposed to defend it against Rakhimov in November 2022 but had to pull out due to a hand injury. Rakhimov then faced Zelfa Barrett and won the vacant title via TKO in the ninth round.
Both fighters remained unbeaten thus far and had held the same title at different time frames in the last one year. The previous famous bout for Rakhimov was against Joseph Diaz where he shared a split draw. Cordina’s title win came by beating Kenichi Ogawa via a second-round TKO.
The undercard featured a bout for vacant WBO Women’s Welterweight Championship between Sandy Ryan and Marie-Pier Houle. British Lightweight title was on the line in the fight between Gavin Gwynne and Craig Woodruff.
Scroll below for results live from Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov vs Joe Cordina boxing event with complete fight card, and other details.
- Miles Gordon Darby def. Phil Williams via points (39-37), 4 rounds, Heavyweight Bout
- Sammy Lee def. Juris Zundovskis via TKO of round 1, 6 rounds, Light Heavyweight Bout
- Nathan Howells def. Jahfieus Faure via points (40-36), 4 rounds, Super Featherweight Bout
- Brandon Scott def. Reynaldo Cajina via point (40-36)- 4 rounds, Super Featherweight Bout
- Skye Nicolson def. Linda Laura Lecca via points (80-72), 8 rounds, Featherweight Bout
- Jordan Thompson(c) def. Luke Watkins via TKO at 2:07 of round 6, 10 rounds, IBF European Cruiserweight Championship Bout (Watch Video)
- Zelfa Barrett def. Jason Sanchez via unanimous decision (116-111, 118-110, 119-108), 12 rounds, Vacant WBA Continental Super Featherweight Championship Bout
- Gavin Gwynne(c) def. Craig Woodruff via TKO at 2:02 of round 5, 12 rounds, British Lightweight Championship Bout (Watch Video)
- Sandy Ryan def. Marie-Pier Houle via unanimous decision (97-93, 98-92, 99-91), 10 rounds, Vacant WBO Welterweight Championship Bout
- Main Event: Joe Cordina def. Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov via split decision (111-116, 114-113, 115-112), 12 rounds, IBF Junior Lightweight Championship Bout