Rey Vargas and O’Shaquie Foster headlined a PBC boxing event on Showtime on February 11, 2023. The bout was for the vacant Super Featherweight title.
Rey Vargas looked to become a 3-division World Champion. After holding the WBC Super Bantamweight title for over two years, Vargas defeated Mark Magsayo to win the WBC Featherweight title in July last year. He remained undefeated with a 36-0 record before this bout.
O’Shaquie Foster was also on a 9-fight winning streak and was last in action to defeat Muhammadkhuja Yaqubov to win WBC Silver Super Featherweight title. Was he able to give Vargas his first defeat?
The co-main event saw former WBA(Regular) World Super Lightweight Champion Mario Barrios take on Jovanie Santiago in a welterweight bout. The coverage started at 6:45 PM ET on Showtime’s Youtube Channel. The main card aired on Showtime at 9 PM ET.
Scroll below as we post results from Rey Vargas vs O’Shaquie Foster with complete card, start time and more details.
- Fabian Diaz def. Eleazar Mendietta via TKO in round 1, 4 rounds, Lightweight Bout
- James Wohlschlegel def. Daniel Heinen via Split decision (39-37, 40-36, 37-39), 4 rounds, Light Heavyweight Bout
- Jesus Ponce Aguilar def. Manuel Sifuentes via majority decision, 4 rounds, Light Heavyweight Bout (39-37, 39-37, 38-38)
- David Whitmire def. Keith Foreman via TKO at 2:10 of round 1, 4 rounds, Super Welterweight Bout (Watch Video)
- Dainier Pero def. Daniel Zavala via unanimous decision(40-36, 40-36, 40-35), 4 rounds, Heavyweight Bout
- Eumir Marcial def. Ricardo Ruben Villalba via TKO at 0:48 round 2, 8 rounds, Middleweight Bout (Watch Video)
- Claudio Marrero def. Gonzalo Fuenzalida via KO at 0:43 of round 5, 8 rounds, Super Featherweight Bout (Watch Video)
- Lenier Pero def. Viktor Faust via TKO at 2:28 of round 8, 10 rounds, Heavyweight Bout
- Co-Main Event: Mario Barrios def. Jovanie Santiago via TKO at 1:42 of round 8, 10 rounds, Welterweight Bout
- Main Event: O’Shaquie Foster def. Rey Vargas via unanimous decision(117-111, 119-109, 116-112), 12 rounds, Vacant WBC Super Featherweight Championship Bout