Alexis Rocha fought late replacement George Ashie to headline a Golden Boy Promotions boxing event on January 28, 2023, at YouTube Theater in Inglewood, CA.
Rocha was earlier supposed to fight Anthony Young, but Young was removed from the card with unknown reasons. Entering this bout, Rocha had been on a 5-fight winning streak since losing to Rashidi Ellis in October 2020. He was last seen defeating Jesus Campos in October 2022 after his win over Blair Cobbs and Luis Alberto Veron prior in 2022.
George Ashie was also on a 5-fights winning streak, all of which had come in his home country Ghana. He last defeated Robert Quaye in March 2022. The fight between Rocha and Ashie had NABO Welterweight title on the line.
The undercard featured more regional titles on the line. Floyd Schofield faced Alberto Mercado over the vacant WBA International Lightweight title. Oscar Collazo took on Wilfredo Mendez in WBO minimumweight title eliminator bout. Bektemir Melikuziev and Ulises Sierra clashed in a Super Middleweight bout over WBA Continental Americas title.
The prelims card started from 6:10 PM ET while the main card started from 8 PM ET. Here are the results live from Alexis Robert vs George Ashie boxing event with a complete fight card and more details.
Prelims (6:10 pm ET)
- Daniel Garcia def. Jonathan Perez via unanimous decision (40-36, 40-36, 40-36) – 4 Rounds, Super Featherweight Bout
- Adan Palma def. Pedro Salome via unanimous decision (40-35, 40-35, 40-35) – 4 Rounds, Super Bantamweight Bout
- Alejandro Reyes def. Jose Zaragoza via unanimous decision (58-56,58-56,60-54) – 6 Rounds, Super Lightweight Bout
Main Card (8 pm ET)
- Oscar Collazo def. Wilfredo Mendez via KO at 2:59 of round 5, 12 round, WBO Minimumweight Championship Eliminator Bout
- Bektemir Melikuziev def.. Ulises Sierra via KO at 2:59 of round 3, 10 rounds, Vacant WBA Continental Americas Super Middleweight Championship Bout
- Floyd Schofield def. Alberto Mercado via unanimous decision (100-89, 100-89, 100-89), 10 rounds, Lightweight – Vacant WBA International Lightweight Championship Bout
- Main Event: Alexis Rocha def. George Ashie via KO at 2:08 of round 7, 12 rounds, Rocha’s NABO Welterweight Championship Bout (Watch Video)