Check out where to watch AEW Double or Nothing 2020 PPV along with match card, storyline previews and predictions.
Where to Watch
AEW Double or Nothing 2020 PPV can be streamed at below services.
- Jon Moxley (c) vs Brodie Lee – AEW World Championship
- Cody (with Arn Anderson and Brandi Rhodes) vs Lance Archer (with Jake Roberts) – AEW TNT Championship Finals
- Nyla Rose (c) vs Hikaru Shida – No Disqualification Match for AEW Women’s World Championship
- Darby Allin vs Colt Cabana vs Orange Cassidy vs Rey Fenix vs Scorpio Sky vs Kip Sabian vs Frankie Kazarian vs Luchasaurus vs Mystery Opponent – Casino Ladder Match
- Shawn Spears vs Dustin Rhodes
- Dr. Britt Baker vs Kris Statlander
- MJF (with Wardlow) vs Jungle Boy
- Private Party vs Best Friends – #1 Contenders Match for AEW World Tag Team Championship
Preview & Predictions
Jon Moxley(c) vs Brodie Lee – AEW World Championship Match
The match is set up pretty much in one segment where Brodie Lee’s minions from Dark Order attacked Jon Moxley. And then, Lee appeared to tell Mox that he wants the AEW World title. Moxley, the badass he is, replied that he only needed to ask him for the match and nothing more.
This is the first time in AEW’s short run that the title match has been build in such a short time. All the earlier bout, be it Adam Page vs Jericho, or Jericho’s matches against Cody and Moxley, all had almost 2 months builds before the PPV. This gives me the feeling that a title change is least likely. This bring us to….
Prediction- Jon Moxley to retain the title.
The Elites & Matt Hardy vs The Inner Circle – Stadium Stampede Match
Talking about building a match, the Inner Circle vs the Elites rivalry is as old as AEW Dynamite. It was the first episode of Dynamite where Chris Jericho, Ortiz and Santana had a tag team match against Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks. It was the same night when Sammy Guevara joined Jericho and Jake Hager made his AEW debut.
Ever since, Jericho’s stable has tormented the Elites in various ways. The Elites now have a new partner in tow with Matt Hardy, who has already shown what we can expect from him in the street fight a couple of weeks back at Dynamite. Will this be the final chapter of Elites vs Inner Circle saga? I highly doubt it, but I can say….
Prediction- The Elites will the win here.
Nyla Rose(c) vs Hikaru Shida – No Disqaulification Match, AEW Women’s Championship
Nyla Rose has been a force to reckon with ever since her title win. Her challenger for the night will be Hikaru Shida, who has been undefeated in 2020 so far. The match was announced on 13 May Dynamite after Shida won a fatal 4-way match involving the other challengers. On the same night, Rose attacked Shida with a kendo stick and their clash was then changed to a No Disqaulification match.
Prediction- Hikaru Shida has been undefeated in 2020 so far and I believe the trend will continue with her title win here.
Lance Archer vs Cody Rhodes – AEW TNT Championship
The secondary title that AEW desperately required is finally here. After two knockout rounds, final of the tournament is now set between Cody and Lance Archer. The pretext to this match came in Archer’s semifinal match against Cody’s brother Dustin, which was brutal to say the least and involved a lot of blading.
Another storyline ongoing is between the mentors of both the competitors- Jake Roberts for Archer and Arn Anderson for Cody. All this has combined to build up to an enticing final match to crown the inaugural champion.
Prediction- Cody to be the first TNT Champion. He has passed on to become the AEW World Champion, so he deserves this title. Also, Archer’s AEW career is too short to crown him a champion right away.
Casino Ladder Match for Future AEW World Title Shot
Participants – Scorpio Sky vs Rey Fenix vs Orange Cassidy vs Darby Allin vs Colt Cabana vs Kip Sabian vs Frankie Kazarian vs Mystery Competitor
A “Money in the Bank” like the concept has made his way to AEW in the form of the Casino Ladder match. Just like MITB, the chip that the winner will get, can be cashed in for an AEW World title match. The match will start with 2 competitors and every more participant will be added every 2 minutes.
Prediction- Rey Fenix looks set to win this since he will be without his tag team partner, Pentagon Jr., for a while. The other choice could be the mystery competitor which is expected to be some newly released WWE superstar.
- Private Party vs Best Friends – #1 Contenders Match for AEW World Tag Team Championship – This is too close to call actually. However, it might not matter who will win here. They will ultimately lose to the current champions.
- MJF vs Jungle Boy – MJF is to win this one surely.
- Britt Baker vs Kris Statlander – The future of this match is in jeopardy after an injury to Britt Baker.
- Shawn Spears vs Dustin Rhodes – Shawn Spears is in dire need of a win and might get one here.