WWE has announced a ladder match stipulation for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship match at TLC 2019 PPV between The New Day and the Revival.
The Revival became the number #1 contenders for the titles against New Day at TLC during last week’s SmackDown episode. They were part of the fatal 4-way match against the likes of Heavy Machinery, Lucha House Party and the team of Shorty G and Mustafa Ali.
WWE has now added the ladder stipulation to the match as per the announcement on SmackDown this week. This is an interesting turn of events as the match was not even in the plan until last week.
Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer reported that Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler were the actual contenders for the title match as per WWE’s plans. But after Roode was suspended due to Wellness Policy Violation, WWE booked the number #1 contender match.
WWE TLC 2019 takes place this Sunday, 15 December at Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The updated card for the show is as follows:
- Bray Wyatt vs The Miz- Non-Title Match
- Roman Reigns vs King Baron Corbin – TLC Match
- The New Day(c) vs The Revival – Ladder Match, SmackDown Tag Team Championship
- Kabuki Warriors vs Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair- TLC Match, WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship
- Rusev vs Bobby Lashley- Tables Match
- Aleister Black vs Buddy Murphy
- The Viking Raiders’ RAW Tag Team Open Challenge