Roman Reigns is announced to be leading the SmackDown team to take part in the 5-on-5 tag team elimination match at Survivor Series 2019 against RAW and NXT.
At Survivor Series 2019, NXT will also be taking on SmackDown and RAW in the battle for brand supremacy. Apart from the non-title matches between the champions of the brands, men and women teams would take on each other.
RAW’s men team was announced on RAW this week with Seth Rollins is leading the team. The other members of the team are Drew McIntyre, Randy Orton, Ricochet and Kevin Owens.
Now, WWE has announced SmackDown’s team on WWE Backstage last night. And it does not come as a surprise that Rollins’ Shield brother Roman Reigns will be leading the SmackDown Team. The other members are announced as- Braun Strowman, Mustafa Ali, Shorty G and, as Roman Reigns said in his tweet, also Baron Corbin.
Survivor Series 2019 takes place at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Chicago. The current match card for the show is as follows:
- WWE Championship Match- Brock Lesnar(c) vs Rey Mysterio
- Interbrand Women’s Champions match – Becky Lynch(RAW) vs Shayna Baszler(NXT) vs Bayley(SmackDown)
- Interbrand Tag Team Champions Match – The Viking Raiders(RAW) vs The New Day(SmackDown) vs The Undisputed ERA(NXT)
- Men’s 5-on-5 Tag Team Elimination Match- RAW(Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Ricochet, Randy Orton & Drew McIntyre) vs SmackDown(Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Mustafa Ali, Shorty G, Baron Corbin) vs NXT(TBA)
- Women’s 5-on-5 Tag Team Elimination Match- RAW(TBA) vs SmackDown(Sasha Banks, Carmella, Dana Brooke) vs NXT(TBA)
- Interbrand Champions Match- AJ Styles(RAW) vs Shinsuke Nakamura(SmackDown) vs Roderick Strong(NXT)